Keighley

glemiln

Do we know what the limited (presumably by RAFC?) attendance is for our last home league game against the L1 Champions?  It seems to cover just main stand.

Naturally, Cougars' last home game this week will be roaring to the rafters on their promotion, but I would have thought more than a few would wish to salute their fine achievement to the final game.   Cougars last home game has restrictions (eg, no pitch invasions!).  A good attendance at Hornets would bring in decent revenue, look well and attract good media coverage and serve the game well.

The same question applies if Hornets play Oldham in the play-off - that last league attendance was restricted to about 900, I believe.  

31 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Do we know what the limited (presumably by RAFC?) attendance is for our last home league game against the L1 Champions?  It seems to cover just main stand.

Naturally, Cougars' last home game this week will be roaring to the rafters on their promotion, but I would have thought more than a few would wish to salute their fine achievement to the final game.   Cougars last home game has restrictions (eg, no pitch invasions!).  A good attendance at Hornets would bring in decent revenue, look well and attract good media coverage and serve the game well.

The same question applies if Hornets play Oldham in the play-off - that last league attendance was restricted to about 900, I believe.  

On the website its Main Stand East only, so I would presume the usual 900+ restriction, which is of course ludicrous because Keighley alone will fill that stand. The situation is a joke, I'm afraid. 

Apparently, all the main stand will now be available with a limit of 1600.  

A good performance and Oldham qualifying for the play-off eliminator final should ensure at least the same limit.   I think that winning that eliminator would be our last home game, unless the play-off format has changed.

Highest placed teams normally get priority through the rounds.  For example, if we win our eliminator final we would be away in the 1st semi to the loser of 3rd versus 4th qualifying final (same day as our game).   Even 3/4’s winner goes to season’s 2nd placed team in the 2nd semi.

News!!!
Despite information to the contrary, it seems that we now have a 19-man squad for today…..information courtesy of Keighley! 

“Injuries and suspensions continue to take their toll for Gary Thornton, as he is only able to name a nineteen-man squad for this weekend’s game which includes four new faces:

Cameron Cowin, Kenneth Rowlands, Dean Stanton, and Jordan Strand all come out of the community game, where they have been featuring in the North West Men’s League this year.”

50 minutes ago, glemiln said:

News!!!
Despite information to the contrary, it seems that we now have a 19-man squad for today…..information courtesy of Keighley! 

“Injuries and suspensions continue to take their toll for Gary Thornton, as he is only able to name a nineteen-man squad for this weekend’s game which includes four new faces:

Cameron Cowin, Kenneth Rowlands, Dean Stanton, and Jordan Strand all come out of the community game, where they have been featuring in the North West Men’s League this year.”

That doesn’t sound good. What’s happened to the squad ?

Communication!   Hornets' official site still shows the original 15 squad with a list of those missing, some due to recalls.  Quite a step-up for today's 4 new lads from NWML. Good luck to them and the team.  Our play-off squad will be interesting. 

Well, now down to a 14 team - the 4 lads must have disappeared!  No Rangi Chase too - illness.

TEAM NEWS: 2. Cian Tyrer 37. Tyler Birtle 5. Dan Nixon 33. Jy Hitchcox 32. Rob Worrincy 1. Gregg McNally 36. Kieran Rush 8. Fuifui Moimoi 28. Aiden Roden 10. Gavin Bennion 24. Ben Forster 3. Ben Calland 19. Ben Killan Interchanges 13. Joe Taira

Enjoy!

48 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Well, now down to a 14 team - the 4 lads must have disappeared!  No Rangi Chase too - illness.

TEAM NEWS: 2. Cian Tyrer 37. Tyler Birtle 5. Dan Nixon 33. Jy Hitchcox 32. Rob Worrincy 1. Gregg McNally 36. Kieran Rush 8. Fuifui Moimoi 28. Aiden Roden 10. Gavin Bennion 24. Ben Forster 3. Ben Calland 19. Ben Killan Interchanges 13. Joe Taira

Enjoy!

No Rangi..no surprise, 1 sub what is the point?

Well, the Biffs are coming.  A good performance from our 14 in the 24-56 loss to the Champions and from the Biffs to beat Hunslet 30-18 and qualify for the game.
Promises to be a cracker and hopefully it is decided by rugby and in front of a big crowd.
We will certainly need a full squad.

Any news of the date?

25 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Well, the Biffs are coming.  A good performance from our 14 in the 24-56 loss to the Champions and from the Biffs to beat Hunslet 30-18 and qualify for the game.
Promises to be a cracker and hopefully it is decided by rugby and in front of a big crowd.
We will certainly need a full squad.

Any news of the date?

Should be a decent turnout if the football club allow it providing it's at Spotland .

Thought we played well today with a 14 man squad. I was impressed with the tackling as we seemed to have some of that aggression back. The touch judge's were terrible, they missed three or four forward passes but take nothing away from Keighley Cougars they are league champions and undefeated for a reason, they showed how ruthless they are with ball in hand. What i was most impressed with was the attitude, after Cougars scored two tries quickly at the start of the second half thought heads would drop but we kept fighting until the end of the match.

Next week will be a tough match against Oldham, it all depends on who is available for us then again matches vs Oldham aren't the easiest to call.   

Yes we gave it our best shot. Everyone of the 14 who put their hands up to play deserve a medal. The Cougars are the last team you’d want to play without a subs bench. For an hour we were well in the game then the lack of fresh legs started to tell on our go forward.

Lets see if we can come up with 17 players for next weeks game.

I thought that Hornets were brilliant today. We had 14 players against their 17. To play against the top of the league with those odds stacked against us was hard enough.  What did not help us one bit were the officials who were absolutely terrible. They missed forward passes, high tackles and offside throughout the match. Nearly every missed situation resulted in a try for Keighley. Then when we did cross the line. What did he come up with. a double movement. 

The team from 1 to 14 tackled themselves to a standstill. Every one deserved to be our MOM.

Play like that next week guys and we will beat Oldham. Lets hope that we can name 17 next week to start the game.

• Like 1

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

49 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

I thought that Hornets were brilliant today. We had 14 players against their 17. To play against the top of the league with those odds stacked against us was hard enough.  What did not help us one bit were the officials who were absolutely terrible. They missed forward passes, high tackles and offside throughout the match. Nearly every missed situation resulted in a try for Keighley. Then when we did cross the line. What did he come up with. a double movement. 

The team from 1 to 14 tackled themselves to a standstill. Every one deserved to be our MOM.

Play like that next week guys and we will beat Oldham. Lets hope that we can name 17 next week to start the game.

Congratulations Hornets fan of the season  

Based solely on last season, play-offs would commence on 17/9 with 3rd v 4th, then Hornets v Oldham 18/9, meaning no clash with a Dale home game!  The winner of Hornets’ match would then be away at the loser of 3 v 4 on weekend 25/26/9.  That weekend would also feature 2 v 3 or 4.  

2 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Hornets have looked at Boundary Park