Haven last chance saloon.

Peter Winthorpe

Well like them or not we need our neighbours to turn up in their numbers to rub our relegation into us.

Without them our 700 supporters will not be enough to generate the income necessary for survival despite the best efforts of local fans giving to the DPSC appeal

We must really have made a mess of the end of last season and this season.

12 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well like them or not we need our neighbours to turn up in their numbers to rub our relegation into us.

Without them our 700 supporters will not be enough to generate the income necessary for survival despite the best efforts of local fans giving to the DPSC appeal

So if we don't get over 700 next weekend the club goes under?

Source?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Eh?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Surely this can't be right, we know money is tight but we can't be relying on this to keep our head above water for the winter months, it's an awful long time between now and our next home game. Never been so dismayed as a town fan in the last 15 or so years and really not looking forward to next week!!!

If Oscar Thomas doesn't play next week I think it might be close, if he does play I think we get tonked. Really believe things this season should have been left to Jamie instead of our fullback who for me is very over rated mostly by himself and Chris. 

• Like 7

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

19 minutes ago, anok4u said:

If Oscar Thomas doesn't play next week I think it might be close, if he does play I think we get tonked. Really believe things this season should have been left to Jamie instead of our fullback who for me is very over rated mostly by himself and Chris. 

Think Thomas has been one of our better players.

I also think Young gets a lot of stick but isn't as bad as some fans make out - he's a handful when he carries the ball in and no worse than anyone else in this squad. I would have him again next season if we can afford him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Agree about Young i would defo have him back next year. Don't agree about Thomas he's not good enough to be our main player especially as its took Jamie out of the game. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Agree about Young i would defo have him back next year. Don't agree about Thomas he's not good enough to be our main player especially as its took Jamie out of the game. 

Sort of agree, i do like Thomas but yes, Jamie has been a shadow of himself for the past 4 months, so he should be our main playmaker again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I also think Young gets a lot of stick but isn't as bad as some fans make out - he's a handful when he carries the ball in and no worse than anyone else in this squad. I would have him again next season if we can afford him.

Gets stick because of his build and haircut basically .... Not saying he's been great but who has this season?? 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, anok4u said:

Young can't defend and dosent offer anything in  attack, understandably why Newcastle let him go. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Young can't defend and dosent offer anything in  attack, understandably why Newcastle let him go. 

Think Newcastle let him go because he's never played or signed for them.

• Haha 4

Oscar looks the part at times but hasnt got the class or pace needed this year.

Alex well he's gotten better lately putting the effort in, but come on,  that was from a low level.

Fast but zero threat in attack

Tall but who would trust him under a high ball if there was a choice?

Positioning - never in the right position to take that final pass

I for one would be very disappointed if he was here next year. Better off getting Olstrum and Postlethwaite back.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 22:50, Town Army said:

Gets stick because of his build and haircut basically .... Not saying he's been great but who has this season?? 

Not sure a hair cut and his build has anything to do with not being able to defend,

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Cant blame Alex if the defence is'nt coming across to help him out . often its two attackers against one defender. but he gets the blame every time . When you look at the team performance throughout the season . you cant just blame him . 

Alex is just an easy target, don’t get me wrong, some things that he does frustrates massively, and he’s hardly a proven try scorer, is he any worse than clegg who gets away without anywhere near as much criticism and offers very little in attack himself. The likes of rhys Clarke, Joe brown and now dave weetman offer very little to the team and probably put less effort in than Alex. Oscar has moments where he looks great, but believes his own hype and just looks for a way out when things are going wrong 

• Like 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 minutes ago, wonky said:

Alex is just an easy target, don’t get me wrong, some things that he does frustrates massively, and he’s hardly a proven try scorer, is he any worse than clegg who gets away without anywhere near as much criticism and offers very little in attack himself. The likes of rhys Clarke, Joe brown and now dave weetman offer very little to the team and probably put less effort in than Alex. Oscar has moments where he looks great, but believes his own hype and just looks for a way out when things are going wrong 

cant remember Big Alex being given a ball in space, both would be ideal if outside a couple of good centres like we had with Kay and Burns. He has pace because i have seen him chase down opposition.

Most times i have seen them with ball in hand was on first and second tackles spelling off the middles [as they do]

4 hours ago, silverfox said:

Cant blame Alex if the defence is'nt coming across to help him out . often its two attackers against one defender. but he gets the blame every time . When you look at the team performance throughout the season . you cant just blame him . 

That's rubbish, just look at some of his one on ones in defence, struggled to rap up a attacker, can be easily stepped and even when the D line is set he struggles to slide or man mark. just look at some of the games on YouTube and it's easy to see, 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JMB said:

That's rubbish, just look at some of his one on ones in defence, struggled to rap up a attacker, can be easily stepped and even when the D line is set he struggles to slide or man mark. just look at some of the games on YouTube and it's easy to see, 

easy to see if that's all you are looking for?

We have had some great players in the past and they all made mistakes the great Dessie Drummond made an howler of an air shot in the premiership final but we won so it does not matter.

We have had a stinker of a season so all you are doing is dragging up all the bad points, everyone makes mistakes the team wins and loses together no good comes of focusing on one person?

• Like 2