Haven last chance saloon.

Peter Winthorpe

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

easy to see if that's all you are looking for?

We have had some great players in the past and they all made mistakes the great Dessie Drummond made an howler of an air shot in the premiership final but we won so it does not matter.

We have had a stinker of a season so all you are doing is dragging up all the bad points, everyone makes mistakes the team wins and loses together no good comes of focusing on one person?

You don't have to go looking to see anything when a player steps him or when he misses a high ball and a easy try is scored, and that's why his lack of defence stands out, and yes plenty of other players haven't been rubbish, but he has lot of easy tries in, but to be truthful not many of CT recruits have been any good, and he has lost a lot of local talent that shod have been the future of the club, but it's time to look to the future and re start the building process, but a lot of thought must be put into this by the bod, I think a lot of changes must happen and quickly.

Think Town should do what they can to sort the coaching situation out. It’s no coincidence that you have lost 6-7 players due to fall out with Thorman. Gonna be tough to attract local lads now that Hewer has gone and what has gone on in the past. I Would look closer to home maybe Buffer and Doran in a joint coaching role. Yous need to get the good time feeling back.

Edited by Haven Rugby League

1 hour ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Think Town should do what they can to sort the coaching situation out. It’s no coincidence that you have lost 6-7 players due to fall out with Thorman. Gonna be tough to attract local lads now that Hewer has gone and what has gone on in the past. I Would look closer to home maybe Buffer and Doran in a joint coaching role. Yous need to get the good time feeling back.

Its gonna be a long hard slog for the club but I'm sure the board of directors will get it sorted . There are people working very hard behind the scenes to put structures in place they don't happen overnight. I don't doubt that Chris has made enemies and upset Former and present players but that's the nature of the beast.  He has been working long hours and has taken a massive cut in his salary along with the players that's credit to his commitment to Workington Town. I serious don't think putting in place 2 present players would at this present time be helpful for the club. The biggest problem was that the club wasn't ready for promotion it came to early I'm sure the club will attract local players in the years ahead especially when they play in a brand new stadium..Good luck to the club and it's supporters 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Its gonna be a long hard slog for the club but I'm sure the board of directors will get it sorted . There are people working very hard behind the scenes to put structures in place they don't happen overnight. I don't doubt that Chris has made enemies and upset Former and present players but that's the nature of the beast.  He has been working long hours and has taken a massive cut in his salary along with the players that's credit to his commitment to Workington Town. I serious don't think putting in place 2 present players would at this present time be helpful for the club. The biggest problem was that the club wasn't ready for promotion it came to early I'm sure the club will attract local players in the years ahead especially when they play in a brand new stadium..Good luck to the club and it's supporters 

Do you have any confidence that the current board and chairman can do this? I don’t, the clubs in dire straights and that’s down to mismanagement and lack of leadership. Personally the current chair Dosent seem to have that much of a clue about rugby in general, when Les was at the helm last year you could tell the club meant everything to him, no one can surely get that feeling from the current leader 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Do you have any confidence that the current board and chairman can do this? I don’t, the clubs in dire straights and that’s down to mismanagement and lack of leadership. Personally the current chair Dosent seem to have that much of a clue about rugby in general, when Les was at the helm last year you could tell the club meant everything to him, no one can surely get that feeling from the current leader 

........or it could be that the club is in the sh't because of the unaffordable contracts offered to bang average players that the previous Chair and BOD signed at the end of last season and start of this year!!

.....and maybe, just maybe (well hopefully) the current BOD most of whom joined part way through the season are working their socks off in the background to ensure structures are put in place and trying to find a much needed cash injection to secure the club's future !!

In regards to the current Chair, I take it you know the guy personally to come onto a public forum and make a statement like that?

A good board needs a balance of experience, and they should all have different strengths, marketing, accounting, good communicator, a hard nosed negotiator etc......

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

In regards to the current Chair, I take it you know the guy personally to come onto a public forum and make a statement like that?

Agreed. Nature of such a forum I guess. Easy to make comments about Bod or coach without any real insight. Clearly something has gone awry somewhere but though also immensely frustrated I try to leave it to discussing the games and what I can see on the pitch which is what i enjoy. I don't know enough about the rest to be able to make valid comment.

• Like 2