Ridiculous

Perhaps the solution is to stop the game if one side reaches 100. 😉😂😂😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Perhaps the solution is to stop the game if one side reaches 100. 😉😂😂😂

I've been thinking about some rule changes for RL for about 30 seconds and my idea would be as follows:

Each team has the entire possession of the ball for a half each. Each set starts with the attacking team on the halfway and the defending side on their own tryline. 

The attacking team get 6 tackles to score a try. Score a try and you get a kick at goal. Stopped from scoring at end of set and the team go back to the halfway and tryline respectively and it repeats over again. 

Halftime and the teams switch roles. 

An attacking team can declare their score, like in cricket, before the end of the half and should they do so they get the number of minutes of the half remaining added to their points total, so say a team has 14 points with 25 minutes to go, their score would be 39. 

There you go, you heard it here first, the birth of the new rugby league! And it only took me about 30 seconds to come up with! 😁😎

• Haha 1

The trouble is we have leagues within leagues in both the Championship and League 1. We don't have enough teams like Leigh and Fev in the Championship and the better teams in League 1 are too good for the expansion type clubs.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

It's the nature of the sport.  It is totally unforgiving when it comes to exposing the superiority of one team over the over.  You can't 'park the bus' in Rugby League. 

Just last week the NRL saw a scoreline of 72-6.  The last time our top tier played theirs we hardly won a game.

Rugby League is a harsh sport.

• Like 11

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Back when I was playing for Redditch Halcyon (a stone's throw from where Midlands Hurricanes play), we travelled to play Plymouth in the MASWARLA league.

We lost 116-0, and as amateurs had to chip in for the petrol money.

The following season we were determined to do better, and we did, 106-0.

And we drew a then top amateur side  Spotland Rangers in the BARLA cup and everyone  thought the visitors would get a century against us, but we fought, we battled for every ball and the final score was 0-98.

Cue our lap of honour in front of 200 spectators.

It's tough for us outside the heartlands but we love the game as much as anyone in the North.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

That a team can get beat 102-4

Its the equivalent in Football of a team beating an other say 9-0, and you would never see a result in top flight Football in either England or Scotland- your correct it shows how bad our sport is compared to other top sports........

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

There are not enough teams to form proper divisions, the bottom 4 in SL and the top 4 in the championship should be a league and same again with championship and league 1

The problem is that 8 team leagues don't work.

The answer is to have Toronto and toulouses, crusaders (SL crusaders) etc but the M62 brigade close ranks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its the equivalent in Football of a team beating an other say 9-0, and you would never see a result in top flight Football in either England or Scotland- your correct it shows how bad our sport is compared to other top sports........

Are you joking here? Pretty sure you are?

You could add the test match being over in 2 and a half days in cricket...

• Haha 1

Just now, yipyee said:

Are you joking here? Pretty sure you are?

You could add the test match being over in 2 and a half days in cricket...

Ffs....take it you haven't seen the Football results this weekend... its called sarcasm, lost on you by the look of it.

• Like 3

I think Deano is having a bit of fun with you all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

23 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Do the words Deano and fun go together??

23 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Do the words Deano and fun go together??

Don’t know what you mean

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

True, it’s never happened. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fevrover said:

And about 5 missed conversations.

We need to talk..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

You should have seen the scores in the Women's League that season!

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I saw us beat Blackpool gladiators 142-4 back in the day, total mismatch but that was a cup game not a league match. 

It is a bit worrying to see 2 teams concede 100 points in consecutive weekends but teams like the Raiders will only improve by learning and becoming more experienced in the game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

I saw us beat Blackpool gladiators 142-4 back in the day, total mismatch but that was a cup game not a league match. 

It is a bit worrying to see 2 teams concede 100 points in consecutive weekends but teams like the Raiders will only improve by learning and becoming more experienced in the game. 

Err they’ve been getting beat by these type of scores for the last few seasons so they have learned nowt 

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward