England Womens World Cup squad predictions

Yes true and Roche is one player England can’t afford to lose because there is no depth at all in the halves. 
I think Courtney W-H is just about done, her defence is terrible and she isn’t taking the line on anymore. Roche & Zoe Harris are the best pair imo.

Winfield-Hill had a shocker yesterday.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so assuming Georgia Roche & Jodie Cunningham are fit.

No word about the fitness of incumbent prop Grace Field so I will not select her or Leeds’ Shannon Lacey.

1. Tara Stanley 

2. Georgia Wilson

3. Amy Hardcastle 

4. Caitlin Beevers

5. Fran Goldthorp 

6. Zoe Harris

7. Georgia Roche 

8. Channy Crowl

9. Tara Jones

10. Vicky Molyneux 

11. Holly Dodd

12. Emily Rudge

13. Jodie Cunningham 

14. Paige Travis

15. Vicky Whitfield 

16. Zoe Hornby

17. Olivia Wood

18. Courtney Winfield Hill

19. Dannielle Anderson

20. Emma Lumley

21. Leah Burke

22. Sinead Peach 

23. Rachel Woosey or Carrie Roberts

For me, I’d love to fit Jaz Bell in the squad because she could make an impact and Savannah Andrade is close to getting in but the backrow is already covered.

I can’t find a spot for Shona Hoyle but wouldn’t be surprised if Craig Richards includes her in the squad.

8 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

I can’t find a spot for Shona Hoyle but wouldn’t be surprised if Craig Richards includes her in the squad.

Having pretty much made her leave Huddersfield for her international chances, it would be amazing if she wasn't in the squad.

Edited by RigbyLuger

Agree but realistically others deserve to be in before her, I would have Hoyle behind Jaz Bell & Savannah Andrade on the fringe of getting picked.

Emma Lumley had a huge last couple of games and adds a bit of size to a smallish squad, they will need some size against the Southern Hemisphere teams imo.

Disappointed that Caz Collie didn't make it, but i feel she was scuppered by lack of game time.  Hard to show what you can do with weeks between games in the south.  

Sinead Peach seems to be a obvious missing player?

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

In York there's - naturally - quite a bit of interest about how on earth Sinead Peach didn't make the squad. Here is Mike Richards' justification, which makes the England set-up sound cliquey and definitely not based on current form :-

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/22739007.peach-just-didnt-quite-make-england-squad-says-richards/

Sinead's twitter response is quite revealing....... 

• Like 1

Yes I believe it’s a bit cliquey, this will be the end of Richards because he has shown no flexibility at all.

Not picking Channy Crowl is ridiculous too, she has been a foundation of Saints success over past 2 seasons.

• Like 2