Mon 29th Aug: SL: Hull KR v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/22 at 14:00

Despite their injury problems there are some very good players in the Rovers side and I would expect them to win this fairly comfortably.

There's only one halfback named in the Wigan side and he's only played one senior game (Logan Astley) so I'm not sure there's going to be much cohesion in any attacks Wigan might try to put together.

On the plus side, this game has nothing riding on it so hopefully both sets of players will just go out there with the goal of putting on an entertaining game. There are some very promising young players in the Wigan side so hopefully they get a chance to impress.

I'm guessing this couldn't be an evening kick off as half the Wigan side would have had to have been in bed by the time the game would have finished.

• Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Rovers 14 Wigan 6 atm.

I wonder if Wigan will come to regret fielding such a young team given that Wakey are mullering Saints at the minute.

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I wonder if Wigan will come to regret fielding such a young team given that Wakey are mullering Saints at the minute.

Nah, Peet conceded the league once Wigan secured second.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Probably not,I’d think Peet is happy to look after the welfare of his players going into the playoffs as is Woolf,just a pity the powers that be don’t share those coaches thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's the Grand Final what matters.

Is that a question?

”that matters” Shirley?

Rovers kids beat Wigan kids in a proper 'kids' fixture recently so It was no great surprise that Rovers were too good for the Wigan youngsters today.

However Rovers had in excess of £1million of salary cap unavailable today and had a prop forward playing his 6th game who was younger than any of the Wigan youngsters at just 17 years and one month. And another in Connor Barley also barely 17.

Only 15 Rovers players were able to train this week then the outstanding Frankie Halton had to pull out making an impossible situation ..impossible. But then Wigan chose to leave out their first team which evened things out considerably.

Just to rub salt in, Matt Parcell went off in the first half with a knee injury. TBH he had been playing jabbed up for some time now as have another half a dozen Rovers players. Rovers were left with no full backs, no half backs and no hookers and a threadbare pack.

Rovers always looked too good but having played a tough game at Wakefield 30 hours earlier it was noticeable how they were running on empty in the final 15 minutes.

TBH it is criminal to put players through this.

Edited by DimmestStar
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Best Friendly I've seen for a while, very entertaining. 

Will you be carrying on the friendly mentality until around 5pm Saturday?

8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Honestly mate I couldn't care less. The season is over and I'm buggering off to Korea a couple of days later 😂

Would it cost much to bring your flight forward 48 hours?

16 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Honestly mate I couldn't care less. The season is over and I'm buggering off to Korea a couple of days later 😂

Bit extreme.

Most Rovers fans just stay away from the forum for a while after a Derby defeat.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Would it cost much to bring your flight forward 48 hours?

I'm not spending any more money on flights now. Although tempted...

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

Bit extreme.

Most Rovers fans just stay away from the forum for a while after a Derby defeat.

Desperate times call for 17-hour flights to the other side of the planet. Well know  phrase...

6 hours ago, Ullman said:

Bit extreme.

There's one particular Hull KR fan on here who posts more on Hull FC threads than Hull KR threads, win or lose.