Mon 29th Aug: SL: St Helens v Wakefield Trinity KO 15:00

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/22 at 14:30

Going for Wakefield by 20. Our squad is arguably weaker than the one that lost away to Castleford in April. Right call by Woolf to play the reserves and looking forward to the young players getting their chance to play at home. Hope the crowd really get behind them.

Murphy running rings round the Saints No.2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Nothing at stake 

I can guarantee that Saints will field a close to full team next week, last run out before the play offs. 

10 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I can guarantee that Saints will field a close to full team next week, last run out before the play offs. 

Not sure I think if Wigan lose today as well so Saints get LLS I can see a lot of kids getting a run next week. Just to allow the borderline players an extra week. 

4 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

With all the players we had missing, thought we might have struggled.

Up the Trin 

Yes I was slightly less confident when I saw Lino and Arona were missing along with Johnstone, Lyne, Tanginoa, Pitts, Fifita, Bowden, Batchelor, Hood, Kershaw. 

Was a good run out for the young lads at trinity and fringe players. I’m sure the young saints team took some benefit from it too. 

Sounded like wakey took the foot off the gas second half and we’re a bit flat with a lot of effort and trying from a saints young players.

Murphy though…. That lad can be the best winger in the league if he carries on.

Hall aswell I’m absolutely shocked he’s not in the Knights set up. A huge miss from that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Best bet of the day Trinity +6 & Hull KR +4 double. Not being arrogant lost on Sat with Ipswich so nice you can always count on RL.

What an impressive result - Up the Trin 😀👏⚜️

It's one of those rare days when the bookies get it completely wrong and seemed oblivious to what a dogs dinner these matches were going to be.

From a Saints perspective, Delaney and Pemberton the stand ours of the young players. I know there are some concerns at Saints that the next couple of age groups to come through are quite a bit weaker than the last few, but those two sides well.

Ironically, most of our unforced errors came from more experienced players.

A good dig by our lads with the expected outcome. As for Wakefield, I like the looks of Murphy more and more each time I see him.

Saints smallest crowd of the season with just a pitiful 8,222. Two games in four days are not very appealing. Wakey brought about 150fans and Saints didn’t even bother opening the away end.

A plucky performance by Saints but Wakefield were far too big, strong and faster. They scored some cracking tries especially the young lad on the wing he looks a good un. 
Even i was wavering and was thinking of giving it a miss but in the end i went. Usually im disappointed when we lose but today i just couldn’t wait to get home to watch Barnet Vs Eastleigh. 
Oh we won that shield type-thing. Hurrah 
  - /

1 hour ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Best bet of the day Trinity +6 & Hull KR +4 double. Not being arrogant lost on Sat with Ipswich so nice you can always count on RL.

What an impressive result - Up the Trin 😀👏⚜️

As  a Barnsley supporter i thought Ipswich were nailed on to win. Regardless of team selection a good result for Wakey.

36 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

As  a Barnsley supporter i thought Ipswich were nailed on to win. Regardless of team selection a good result for Wakey.

I don't mind Barnsley either but thought Ipswich would have had too much for them. Could of gone Middlesborough, Man Utd, Leyton O list was endless. But yet went for Ipswich -  Hence the reason I self excluded with football season starting...so hard to predict a football match or horse these days. As for RL majority of us on here can predict matches well. As soon as I seen the team lines for Wigan & Saints I thought it was on. 10/11 on both games as payed for our weekend in Huddersfield next weekend so worth a dabble. That was Scotbet who may have got it the odds wrong IMHO. Certainly Lads & Wills were very different prices for sure. 

• Like 1

Wakey were missing Johnstone, Tupou, Lyne, Lino, Fifita, Arona, Tanginoa, Pitts, Batchelor, Whitbread, Tafua, Shaul, Kershaw, Hood, Bowden.

Wakey have finished 10pts above relegation.

Warrington have dodged relegation.

Congrats to Saints on the LLS.

• Like 2

How would this have been viewed had Wakey still been in a relegation fight?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"