Sat 3rd-Sun 4th Sept: The Betfred League One Match Thread

26 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

Rochdale only able to name 14 players for today's game.

The Super League club which has had reserves,and even shared an Academy with another club in the same city,could only name 16 players - but won,the other day.

Short - changing supporters ain't good for a so-called professional sport wanting to ' reimagine and maximise commercial potential.'

IMG has a job on.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Dons just fell short (1 try) to secure third spot. Can I ask the NWC lads will it be at Colwyn Bay next Weekend or at Warrington? 

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

2 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

I believe it was going to be CB, but nothing official as yet I understand.

Thanks

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

1 minute ago, Rlsouthyorks said:

Great effort today by the Don's it was almost a game that would have gone down in folk law what an effort . 

Not being pedantic, well yes I am , only the grammatical society may get a hold of it and I know you're probably from Yorkshire where normal rules tend not to apply, but It's 'folklore'! Sorry?

4 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Not being pedantic, well yes I am , only the grammatical society may get a hold of it and I know you're probably from Yorkshire where normal rules tend not to apply, but It's 'folklore'! Sorry?

Who really cares when yr messaging by txt on phone . It's all about the game and what a game . 

2 hours ago, Moonshine said:

Dons just fell short (1 try) to secure third spot. Can I ask the NWC lads will it be at Colwyn Bay next Weekend or at Warrington? 

My understanding is it will be in Colwyn Bay. Eirias Parc was out of action for some pitch maitenance....however the union team (RGC) are at home on 10th September so I expect we'd be playing on Sunday 11th.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gogledd said:

My understanding is it will be in Colwyn Bay. Eirias Parc was out of action for some pitch maitenance....however the union team (RGC) are at home on 10th September so I expect we'd be playing on Sunday 11th.

I hope you're right, I'm at a family wedding in Criccieth on the 10th, Mrs can drop me off in Colwyn Bay on the way home on the 11th. 😉

It's all a bit confusing this pitch business, 4G or not 4G, union team playing the first nine weeks of their season away from home or not? Nothing in the public domain as to what is happening, but if we can host the playoffs in Colwyn Bay, then great.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Smashing game at Portway, maybe not high on skill but massive on endeavour ,that showed that both clubs have something to offer the Pro game, despite the knockers.. 

Great turn out from the Cornwall fans and a highly entertaining awards ceremony for the Hurricanes in the clubhouse afterwards... All good stuff 😀

Edited by Rach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fearnowt said:

I hope you're right, I'm at a family wedding in Criccieth on the 10th, Mrs can drop me off in Colwyn Bay on the way home on the 11th. 😉

It's all a bit confusing this pitch business, 4G or not 4G, union team playing the first nine weeks of their season away from home or not? Nothing in the public domain as to what is happening, but if we can host the playoffs in Colwyn Bay, then great.

The RGC website is advertising tickets for the game (by the way, it's now Stadiwm CSM) on the 10th - wonder if the new pitch installation's had to be postponed. The website also said that there's a big remodelling job in the pipeline, including replacing the South (main) stand. Might be something we have to think about.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The RGC website is advertising tickets for the game (by the way, it's now Stadiwm CSM) on the 10th - wonder if the new pitch installation's had to be postponed. The website also said that there's a big remodelling job in the pipeline, including replacing the South (main) stand. Might be something we have to think about.

Now confirmed on the club's social media, Sunday 11th at Eirias Park, k.o. 14:30.

It was reported in the North Wales press several months ago that Conwy Council are bidding for £10m levelling up finding to develop the stadium. They want it to be in use all year round for rugby, athletics and concerts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

13 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Now confirmed on the club's social media, Sunday 11th at Eirias Park, k.o. 14:30.

It was reported in the North Wales press several months ago that Conwy Council are bidding for £10m levelling up finding to develop the stadium. They want it to be in use all year round for rugby, athletics and concerts.

Would they be able to have a 4G surface and continue athletics? How would the 4G surface take to javelin, discus and shot?

Edited by Barley Mow