Fri 2nd-Sun 4th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

And have all 3 shrieking eagles chanters even louder in my lughole? No thanks.

Ah - it was your choice then. Rather than a lack of seats.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I can see your intention Rover, you are trying to do the Mohamed Ali "Rope a dope" by luring us Leythers into a false sense of security!

If this is a rope-a-dope, it will enter sporting history as the most convincing ever.  You're light years ahead, only one winner come 2nd Oct.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't believe I've just paid £18 to stand pitch-side like it was an amateur game.

I said the same when we went earlier in the year.  All the fanfare when Sheff were back in their new 'stadium'. 

Its a stand with 3 blocks and new tea hut / toilet block. 

I dont know if and when there is any plan to bring it up to anything to resemble a stadium.  I hope there is as it wouldnt take much. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

I said the same when we went earlier in the year.  All the fanfare when Sheff were back in their new 'stadium'. 

I dont know if and when there is any plan to bring it up to anything to resemble a stadium.  I hope there is as it wouldnt take much. 

Yeah, have to say I was underwhelmed given the hype.  The stand is pretty tiny, about 10 rows over 3 blocks.  Seems more like an office block with a few seats tacked on.

Hopefully they can get some proper terracing on the far side, that would be a massive improvement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

There's planning approved for the full (3900 capacity) stadium development but no one to fund it since McCabe fell out with SUFC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Yeah, have to say I was underwhelmed given the hype.  The stand is pretty tiny, about 10 rows over 3 blocks.  Seems more like an office block with a few seats tacked on.

Hopefully they can get some proper terracing on the far side, that would be a massive improvement.

The stand is an office block/conference centre with some seats (780ish) bolted on the side. The ground is first and foremost a community sports facility not the home of the Eagles, who have a 5 year agreement to play there.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I can see your intention Rover, you are trying to do the Mohamed Ali "Rope a dope" by luring us Leythers into a false sense of security!

Harry Trust me we won't get within 10 of you IF we do get to the Final,got to get by Fax first. Anyone and everyone can see Leigh are miles by team except Leigh fans lol.

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Harry Trust me we won't get within 10 of you IF we do get to the Final,got to get by Fax first. Anyone and everyone can see Leigh are miles by team except Leigh fans lol.

2001 , lost 1 game all season scored shed loads of points , beat Salford in the cup scared Wigan in the cup 

Lost to a Mike Ford inspired Oldham then a Neil Kelly coached Widnes in the play offs 

Till the whistle blows 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

2001 , lost 1 game all season scored shed loads of points , beat Salford in the cup scared Wigan in the cup 

Lost to a Mike Ford inspired Oldham then a Neil Kelly coached Widnes in the play offs 

Till the whistle blows 

This team is best ever in Championship history being said by many and it will prove it come final and especially with home advantage.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

This team is best ever in Championship history being said by many and it will prove it come final and especially with home advantage.

No disrespect but I hope so, whatever you say I will be having a valium Butty prior to the game!

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Knights win 24 . 18

It was an important win.

As a Batley fan we have to win tomorrow or else I think we will finish 6th, with regard to the remaining fixtures.

At the end of the day that would still be a great achievement but a little disappointing nevertheless, though it isn't really.

How do you feel about your season?

20 minutes ago, Niels said:

It was an important win.

As a Batley fan we have to win tomorrow or else I think we will finish 6th, with regard to the remaining fixtures.

At the end of the day that would still be a great achievement but a little disappointing nevertheless, though it isn't really.

Our season has been poor, we just don't seem to be able put in a performance for 80 minutes, we play in Fits and starts, it's there but they are not doing it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Niels said:

It was an important win.

I hope you beat Bradford , I'd rather travel 30 miles to get battered than 100 plus to get battered at barrow😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2