Fri 2nd-Sun 4th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

4 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Drewsby currently beating Barrow but Barrow are starting opening up 16-20 atm

Sykes was sent off (red) for a tip tackle.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looks as though the league placings are done with, only thing that can change it is for Batley to win at Leigh next week and Barrow to lose at London both very doubtful so we have 

Leigh, Fev, Fax, Barrow, Batley, York, 

My selections in bold.

Ist round Fax v York, Barrow v Batley

Semis Leigh v Barrow, Fev v Fax, 

Grand Final Leigh v Fev

There we go I have stuck my neck out and said Leigh will be promoted, first time I have done that.

Back from the Broncos (After the Hull derby yesterday) my take on it being honest TOTALLY DEPRESSING:(

* Crowd Max 300 50 + from Leigh) and that's being generous 

* Stadium like being in a glorified container

*Area depressing 

* Hospitality appalling £ 35.00 for a small portion of chilli con carne

I left after half time my personal take on it.

* Hats of to David Hughes for all the money he has put in

* Good hard working side with many London lads:)

* Wimbledon will never work in a million years 

It needs a new club in a new re-branded league 100%

Overall its embarrassing sorry if I have upset anyone but one has to be realistic.

PS/Gravesend was 10000% better:)

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Looks as though the league placings are done with, only thing that can change it is for Batley to win at Leigh next week and Barrow to lose at London both very doubtful so we have 

My selections in bold.

Grand Final Leigh v Fev

There we go I have stuck my neck out and said Leigh will be promoted, first time I have done that.

Selection in bold, come on harry that isn't Bold , bookies wouldn't give you much for that forecast😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Back from the Broncos (After the Hull derby yesterday) my take on it being honest TOTALLY DEPRESSING:(

* Crowd Max 300 50 + from Leigh) and that's being generous 

* Stadium like being in a glorified container

*Area depressing 

* Hospitality appalling £ 35.00 for a small portion of chilli con carne

I left after half time my personal take on it.

* Hats of to David Hughes for all the money he has put in

* Good hard working side with many London lads:)

* Wimbledon will never work in a million years 

It needs a new club in a new re-branded league 100%

Overall its embarrassing sorry if I have upset anyone but one has to be realistic.

PS/Gravesend was 10000% better:)

Two full coaches from Leigh , one overnight , other one the day , plus a few who'd driven down for the weekend , so if it was 300 , half would have been from Leyth , just spoke to the wife on the day coach , just left Cherwell services on the M40 , still 2 and a half hours home yet , loads of traffic trying to get away from the stadium 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Two full coaches from Leigh , one overnight , other one the day , plus a few who'd driven down for the weekend , so if it was 300 , half would have been from Leyth , just spoke to the wife on the day coach , just left Cherwell services on the M40 , still 2 and a half hours home yet , loads of traffic trying to get away from the stadium 

Its just london traffic in general. We had it both time we went down there earlier this season.  Tidy little ground but in an absolute horrible part of london to get in and out of.  

Barnet was the best location by far from a travelling fans point of view. 

I wonder what London fans think has been their best location over the years.  Be interesting to know where most of their support base is located within the Capital

On 02/09/2022 at 19:37, Snowys Backside said:

One for Dave W as I understand where he is coming from and the last thing I would like to do would be to undermine a fellow contributor to the forum. I’m in Lanzarote, so can’t do a coupon anyway : If Daves predictions are spot on , fair play 👌

Fev by 16

York by 14

Barrow by 30

Batley by 8

Leigh by 44

Haven by 10

Slim odds no doubt, but 6/6   👍

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

My selections in bold.

Grand Final Leigh v Fev

Batley lost at London so it isn't an easy game for Barrow. If they do lose, then Batley don't need to win. 

Batley and Barrow have won at each others' grounds this year so it's a difficult game to call regardless of Home advantage.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cougarmaniac said:

THIRTY-FIVE POUNDS FOR CHILLI CON CARNE!!! WHAT KIND OF LEAGUE HAVE WE BEEN PROMOTED INTO!!!???

it's patently obvious that it is some form of a "metropolitan elite" league: kick London Broncos out NOW (so that normal service can be resumed as soon as possible).

Edited by Stuff Smith