Sat 3rd Sept: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 14:30

Never fancied us to win the game, we are busted. Always said anyone outside top 4 will get a tanking in play offs, but you never know. Radford has steadied the ship and got us to a half decent finish. Finally get shut of the loop fixtures. Absolutely flogging the players. At some point this season every club has had numerous players out at the same time, especially at this vital time. 

Good luck to the play off teams. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Tough watch.

Cas looked out on their feet in the last 10 minutes.

I fancy Leeds to beat Catalans though, for some reason...

If it was at Leeds, I'd agree, but away from Headingly without the ref trying to appease the South Stand it'll be tough. 

Catalans players to spring up like Lazarus next week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If they tackle like that they have no chance, and yes I do hope they get beat easy.

God hope Leigh never get back into super league again 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

If it was at Leeds, I'd agree, but away from Headingly without the ref trying to appease the South Stand it'll be tough. 

It must have been tough for you to see Sezer get that last try. Poor you.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

It must have been tough for you to see Sezer get that last try. Poor you.

Why? You did us a huge favour. I'm more annoyed that you poached Leeming, but it's good to see him in great form. Hope he gets picked for England 

45 minutes ago, Ant said:

Why? You did us a huge favour. I'm more annoyed that you poached Leeming, but it's good to see him in great form. Hope he gets picked for England 

I think it's worked out better for us neutrals as one of Huddersfield and Salford will definitely progress. 

Also Leeds have injuries, a trip to Catalans and then potentially St Helens. Two games against sides each with 2 weeks rest. 

41 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im a big fan of leeming but he was dreadful today.

Yes he's been pretty dire since his injury.

At least we get a nice away trip out of it - and maybe they'll play better with no pressure on them. But today really was dire (although the greasiness of the pitch may account for some of that according to the players).

1 hour ago, Ant said:

He shouldn't with the defence he showed today, he was knocked over by smaller less mobile guys than he would face in the WC

Edited by Harry Stottle

17 hours ago, M j M said:

Yes he's been pretty dire since his injury.

At least we get a nice away trip out of it - and maybe they'll play better with no pressure on them. But today really was dire (although the greasiness of the pitch may account for some of that according to the players).

Probably playing with an injury because Leeds are desperate for quality leadership in the middle 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Rhyse Martin misses the Catalan game for this…

that's absolutely ridiculous

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

20 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

that's absolutely ridiculous

Its daft there’s clearly no intent, yes he copps him on the nose but he’s clearly going to wrap up the ball

its the inconsistency that’s annoying Kasiano smacks Dwyer off the ball high in the previous game - just a caution 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Its daft there’s clearly no intent, yes he copps him on the nose but he’s clearly going to wrap up the ball

its the inconsistency that’s annoying Kasiano smacks Dwyer off the ball high in the previous game - just a caution 

agreed

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

25 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wonder if Martin would have got away with a caution if he hadn't been banned recently, thus having a poor record.

Let's recall that last ban.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I guess its part of the problem at the moment. Mellor is carrying the ball high and so if trying to stop off loads or not wanting to bounce off the ball and upwards towards head. It makes it difficult to tackle. Especially if a player's head is coming down.

I guess as a player its getting more difficult to know how to approach tackling nowadays to avoid any contact or avoid being banned if a player runs into you and don't jump out the way soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Appeal rejected and had another game added.

The MRP are an absolute joke at the moment.

Heartbreaking for him - he's had three games of ban for two absolutely nothing incidents. We come back again to Kasiano and the pathetic decision to give him nothing.

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Heartbreaking for him - he's had three games of ban for two absolutely nothing incidents. We come back again to Kasiano and the pathetic decision to give him nothing.

The whole system isn’t fit for purpose.

Ref didn’t give a penalty 

Video Ref checked it and saw nothing in it

Weve got a start where the MRP are basically saying the two refs were wrong and then if you have the temerity to question it you get punished again.

its not bias, its incompetence.

• Like 3