Sat 3rd Sept: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 14:30

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The whole system isn’t fit for purpose.

Ref didn’t give a penalty 

Video Ref checked it and saw nothing in it

Weve got a start where the MRP are basically saying the two refs were wrong and then if you have the temerity to question it you get punished again.

its not bias, its incompetence.

I very much suspect IMG will look to other sports for their implementation of video technology and refereeing, alongside a complete rethink of the MRP.

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Appeal rejected and had another game added.

The MRP are an absolute joke at the moment.

Rightly extended for taking the micky with the appeal. 

The team this season is the most ill diciplined side in SL history. They deserve everything they get for continuing to flout the rules/laws of the game.  

Leave the head alone its that simple.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

The team this season is the most ill diciplined side in SL history. They deserve everything they get for continuing to flout the rules/laws of the game.  

Appealing a ban for an incident both the ref and video ref saw nothing wrong with is not taking the mickey or ‘frivolous 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Yeah sorry but you aren't someone to be taken seriously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Appealing a ban for an incident both the ref and video ref saw nothing wrong with is not taking the mickey or ‘frivolous 

Last time i checked you arent allowed to make contact with the head when making a tackle. 

Mellors nose was bust wide open blood all down his shirt.  I ask how that came to be if the was no contact with the head? 

2 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Last time i checked you arent allowed to make contact with the head when making a tackle. 

Mellors nose was bust wide open blood all down his shirt.  I ask how that came to be if the was no contact with the head? 

Then you don’t know the rules. If every contact with the head in a tackle was a ban we wouldn’t have many players playing.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Then you don’t know the rules. If every contact with the head in a tackle was a ban we wouldn’t have many players playing.

It was a high tackle. Refs or VR's missing it doesn't mean that it wasn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

It was a high tackle, what it wasn’t was worth a one match let alone a two match ban.

I suppose that's open to debate,  i haven't seen why the disciplinary deemed the 1 match to be fine. 

From reading twitter (I know,  I know)  there are some claims that the appeal was claiming not guilty rather than challenging the severity.  I'd be surprised if they were that stupid though as that would be a basic error by Leeds. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I suppose that's open to debate,  i haven't seen why the disciplinary deemed the 1 match to be fine. 

From reading twitter (I know,  I know)  there are some claims that the appeal was claiming not guilty rather than challenging the severity.  I'd be surprised if they were that stupid though as that would be a basic error by Leeds. 

It was the lowest grade wasn’t it? so couldn’t appeal on the severity.

i suppose the lack of openness from the MRP is part of the issue

Edited by Chrispmartha

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

It was the lowest grade wasn’t it? so couldn’t appeal on the severity.

Not sure on the technicality around challenging the grading or the harsh punishment,  but in any case,  it can't be argued that he is not guilty. 

Not sure on the technicality around challenging the grading or the harsh punishment,  but in any case,  it can't be argued that he is not guilty. 

I’m not sure who’s been advising Leeds this season but they’ve been absolutely useless. 

Depends on what the actual charge was?

or is High Tackle - second player in wrapping up, the extent of their findings

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Depends on what the actual charge was?

or is High Tackle - second player in wrapping up, the extent of their findings

Aye,  the admin is particularly poor.  Assume there will be more detail on the appeal outcome.