Fri 2nd Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:45

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 19:15

Murphy to score 5. Depends on the teams that are put out but I anticipate Wakey will play a few fringe players again and young players but we could have a lot back who were rested and out vs saints. 

Be hard to tell till teams are announced as both teams could rest or rotate players.

17 hours ago, dboy said:

The pressure of needing a win and Wakey's vety good recent form (+ no pressure on the table), means just one thing = a Wakey win.

I hope.

After that, it's the best of luck to Hudds in the play-offs.

Ditto but looking at the team Huddersfield are putting out suggests it will be a tough evening. Not seen ours yet but at least we can relax knowing we ended the season on a high.

Good luck to Huddersfield in the play off - hope they get Leeds and knock them out 🤣

21 hours ago, Loiner said:

If I was a Giants fan I would be very worried about the play offs. To concede 36pts at home to Warrington is dreadful. Wakey by 10.

Not really, giants just a bad day at the office. Think the wire fans have much more to worry about.

On 30/08/2022 at 22:41, meast said:

Doubt there'll be many people bothered about it sadly.

A few dumb Wakefield fans by the sound of it are.  All tickets sent to Trin from Shudds are sold out so advice now to turn up and buy at the gate.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

We've put out or best available squad for this, thought we may have rested a few to keep them fresh for the Grand final tilt so i hope it doesn't come back to haunt us with injuries and daft suspensions.

Hard one to predict this, we need to win to guarantee 3rd but are playing really poorly, Wakey are in party mode at the moment and are celebrating each win as a Cup final victory, rightly so considering they were favourites for the drop a few weeks ago.

We've only lost 1 at home all year to Saints so on paper we shouldn't be losing this one but games aren't played on paper and we need to step up our game 100% going into the end of season Sky Cup.

Giants by 4

Lots of chat on this one. Huddersfield win on golden point.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Great game, we had a couple of chances in the second half to put the Giants to bed but end of the day a draw would of been a fair result.

Great away support sang from start to finish and the boys paid tribute to Fifita, Arona, Miller, Johnstone and the rest...emotional evening. Great entertainment before the game also with cheap beer and Music to get the party flowing.

We enjoyed the trip south of the border, onto next season.

Up the Trin ⚜️ 🙏 👏 

• Like 2

Don't think the Giants got out of 2nd gear really, lots of good work by the forward rounded off by poor link play - Pryce was rocks and diamonds, Tui off the boil.

We need to find that cup run intensity again, but given some pundits predictions at the start of the season, I'll take this finish and season so far

Good hard fought win for the Giants, which will hopefully stand us in good stead for next week.

Not the best quality game but exciting nonetheless.

Credit to Wakefield and their fans who give it a good go.

Brought a friend who is up from Kent tonight and she absolutely loved it!

Bring it on!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ant said:

Don't think the Giants got out of 2nd gear really, lots of good work by the forward rounded off by poor link play - Pryce was rocks and diamonds, Tui off the boil.

We need to find that cup run intensity again, but given some pundits predictions at the start of the season, I'll take this finish and season so far

Shame really Wakey were stuck in first gear had we got into second who knows, losing two  key players didn't help either and the final penalty looking at the highlights to win the match is a real shocker by the referee. Overall no complaints had a good night shame the game was decided by the man in the middle. Chances at both end were not taken and missed conversions by Wakefield out wide proved costly.

12 hours ago, Ant said:

Absolute nonsense, you really aren't that good, you struggled like crazy to stay in the game and with a totally dodgy penalty you did. On that was identical to the one you were moaning about last week.

52 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Absolute nonsense, you really aren't that good, you struggled like crazy to stay in the game and with a totally dodgy penalty you did. On that was identical to the one you were moaning about last week.

Yeah, McQueen threw himself down for that penalty. I presume Watson highlighted players cheating to win penalties again in the Sky interview? 

Jesus, I take back what I said about Wakefield fans

Multiple times the Giants had a clear advantage and the ref pulled it back, including that penalty that Josh Jones picked up and the Wakey line busted.

Wakefield were lounging offside all game, and were laid on in the ruck so long the had moss on them.

Oh and since you mention it, the Giants also lost players during the game, amazingly only one penalty against wakey for a head shot.

The Giants didn't get out of 2nd gear against the perennial bottom feeders and still won.

Oh and the touch judges eyes must have been painted on for the number of forward passes he missed from Wakey

There, is that better? Did I do it right this time? 

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 1