Re Signings for 2023

graham fisher

I would like to thank all those unsung heroes who are the members of squadbuilder ... your contributions made the signing of Reiss possible!! In a season where the budgets will be tighter than ever initiatives like Squadbuilder can make a real positive difference!! ... Thank you!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

A little surprised at this but shows some intent and belief from one of your best players as I'm sure he could have stayed in the Championship

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Apparently turned one or two offers down in the championship,heard Sheffield was one 😃

Sheffield taking our better players🤔. Seems unlikely 🤣🤣NOT…..😤

• Like 1

I guess for some players, if they sign for a Championship club, they may not get as much game time. Joe Martin went from first choice FB at Rams to a fringe/sub at Halifax. At Batley, Butterworth would have been understudy to Leak and maybe Luke Blake (?). 

47 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Hopefully not long.

I think Dewsbury are waiting for Hunslets season to finish 😙

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I like the fact that we are focussing upon our best young players. This bodes well for the future.

• Like 7

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.