Re Signings for 2023

graham fisher

I'd like to see a greater investment in players this year as is clear that in recent years it has been with the ground, facilities etc. 

Equally I'd be happy for us to try some promising local talent. Invite some of the local side Sharks, Moor, Celtic, Thornhill  Drigh, ossett to come have have some open training sessions.  Who knows if there was enough interest and quality have an exhibition game as final selection.  

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

8 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

I'd like to see a greater investment in players this year as is clear that in recent years it has been with the ground, facilities etc. 

Equally I'd be happy for us to try some promising local talent. Invite some of the local side Sharks, Moor, Celtic, Thornhill  Drigh, ossett to come have have some open training sessions.  Who knows if there was enough interest and quality have an exhibition game as final selection.  

I agree, the `"white elephant of turnstiles not needed and never used"Yes covid , bradford and no doubt Kirklees involvement. A huge investment in youth all round. A youth team and A team needed but some hope the way RL is  organised these days. Next season  must be successful or  i fear the support that we have will just dwindle away . Then they might as well put another 200 houses on the place. Still no concrete info from the boss that he is wanting to carry on.

9 hours ago, silcoates said:

I agree, the `"white elephant of turnstiles not needed and never used"Yes covid , bradford and no doubt Kirklees involvement. A huge investment in youth all round. A youth team and A team needed but some hope the way RL is  organised these days. Next season  must be successful or  i fear the support that we have will just dwindle away . Then they might as well put another 200 houses on the place. Still no concrete info from the boss that he is wanting to carry on.

Which "boss"‽

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Do tell if mark isn't the boss.

Thought you might mean Sykes.

Why would Mark not wish to carry on? Where do you think the funding for the signings comes from?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

Well at least one is correct, maybe the others are just rumour!

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, by the sound of things from our side of the hill, Gilmore and Ward to Widnes and Lillycrop to Keighley, you're doing well!!

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

Well at least one is correct, maybe the others are just rumour!

‘Tis no concern of ours. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, by the sound of things from our side of the hill, Gilmore and Ward to Widnes and Lillycrop to Keighley, you're doing well!!

It’s all rumours at the moment and until things are announced just treat it as that. Don’t forget Brad Graham and Ollie Greensmith were going to sign for Batley,so like I said it’s just rumours.

On 20/09/2022 at 05:56, graham fisher said:

. Don’t forget Brad Graham and Ollie Greensmith were going to sign for Batley,so like I said it’s just rumours.

Not surprised they haven't gone.  They wouldn't have got game all season.  Non of our squad would get a game at Batley.  Just not good enough...

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Not surprised they haven't gone.  They wouldn't have got game all season.  Non of our squad would get a game at Batley.  Just not good enough...

Why did Batley speak with not only the two mentioned above but others as well? It's marvellous what a good coach can get out of a player, hopefully Liam will do the same next year. 

• Like 2

Of the players leaving hard to see many going to Championship clubs except Keenan Tomlinson. Whilst Adam Ryder is a very strong runner, he's had his share of injuries and his defence isn't the strongest. Maybe in a better team, he'll get more help on defence.

With Sweeting going (not the best defensively either) it will be interesting to see who our half backs will be. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Of the players leaving hard to see many going to Championship clubs except Keenan Tomlinson. Whilst Adam Ryder is a very strong runner, he's had his share of injuries and his defence isn't the strongest. Maybe in a better team, he'll get more help on defence.

With Sweeting going (not the best defensively either) it will be interesting to see who our half backs will be. 

For me the halfback appointments will show our intentions... Whether we're playing to win, or just making do in a division we should walk 

I sit back and wait 🤔🤔

19 minutes ago, coolie said:

For me the halfback appointments will show our intentions... Whether we're playing to win, or just making do in a division we should walk 

I sit back and wait 🤔🤔

Get yer brillcream ready....🤓🤓