Re Signings for 2023

graham fisher

2 hours ago, coolie said:

For me the halfback appointments will show our intentions... Whether we're playing to win, or just making do in a division we should walk 

I sit back and wait 🤔🤔

I cant help thinking that with Sam Day coming back ... Liam may develop Reiss Butterworth into an excellent half!

5 hours ago, coolie said:

Will Adam Ryder end up at Batley 🤔🤔🤔🤔

i thought he had signed for you till 09/2023?. or did he have a relegation clause ?.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

37 minutes ago, RPH said:

i thought he had signed for you till 09/2023?. or did he have a relegation clause ?.

I believe that such clauses are mandatory in RFL approved contracts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Or Turner and Schofield. More re signings and signings to be announced by end of the week. 

Just seen the Jake Sweeting as signed for Hunslet. 

His dad told us that at Sheffield, but didn’t wanting it broadcasting at the time. He didn’t want to leave, but…

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

His dad told us that at Sheffield, but didn’t wanting it broadcasting at the time. He didn’t want to leave, but…

Don't know which way to look at Jake Sweeting🤔

Whether he wanted to leave (talked to him at the last match and said he wanted to stay) 

Or

He had to leave as he didn't fit into Liam's plans for 2023

Thought the lad didn't get a fair chance under Greenwood (but who did other than Knowles, Sykes, Beharrell 🤔

Hope he gets a good run in the Hunslet side and regains a lot of his confidence, and shows what a decent player he is👍👍👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Whether he wanted to leave (talked to him at the last match and said he wanted to stay) 

Or

Thought the lad didn't get a fair chance under Greenwood (but who did other than Knowles, Sykes, Beharrell 🤔

Hope he gets a good run in the Hunslet side and regains a lot of his confidence, and shows what a decent player he is👍👍👍

It would have been difficult for any young player to make a mark in such a key position in s struggling side.

But Finn and Tony Smith should know better than most what's needed from a half back.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolie said:

Or

Apparently he didn’t fit in Liam’s plans for 2023. 

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Another signing,a young George Collins a halfback from Castleford.

Previously at Fartown - never got a chance at either club. Let's hope that Casper and Liam can develop the lad but we may need to be patient.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Maybe why they let Sweeting go

Probably not. According to those "in the know" (see above) he was in the process of finding a new club weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Probably not. According to those "in the know" (see above) he was in the process of finding a new club weeks ago.

I've no idea either way but someone else posted saying he wanted to stay. Either way he's gone and good luck to him at Hunslet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Louis Collinson, a loose forward has joined us from Batley (ex-Castleford).

Good player, putting together a decent team for next season, should be straight back 👌

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: