Re Signings for 2023

graham fisher

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Adam Ryder signs for Hunslet on a 2 year contract. 

Wow!

I thought that Adam was staying in the Championship.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, POR said:

Rumour at York one of their old timers heading your way 

If it's Kirmond that would be a good signing I reckon.

• Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think two long spells out injured last two seasons and he's 32 didn't help. But surprised he's gone Hunslet. But good luck to him.

Latest rumour is that Rangi Chase is also off to Hunslet. Splashing a bit of cash there.

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Wow!

I thought that Adam was staying in the Championship.

That about Adam i find odd.Surely he is a good champ player.Why not stay at Dews.must be that problem again money.It's alright signing all these players like last season.We need to keep quality players because we have so few.How many games are all these lads going to play ,a few each.This league is such shocker. IMG are just coming up with the same old favourites.Fartown will never be allowed to be relegated and the like.You and everybody else' tax mostly paid for that stadium. I think Bob Mcdermot wanted to play there if Dews.were allowed into SL.But no dice. To me there should be just one league below SL. But just like this goverment ,RL has always shot itself in the foot.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

That about Adam i find odd.Surely he is a good champ player.Why not stay at Dews.must be that problem again money.It's alright signing all these players like last season.We need to keep quality players because we have so few.How many games are all these lads going to play ,a few each.This league is such shocker. IMG are just coming up with the same old favourites.Fartown will never be allowed to be relegated and the like.You and everybody else' tax mostly paid for that stadium. I think Bob Mcdermot wanted to play there if Dews.were allowed into SL.But no dice. To me there should be just one league below SL. But just like this goverment ,RL has always shot itself in the foot.

Or maybe he wasn't offered a contract because Liam fancied other players?

Bob McDermott is no longer involved I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

They want promotion but who doesn’t 

Do they now have a "money man"? I thought that they were fan-owned.

3 hours ago, KC Ram said:

It’s all gone quiet on the signings front. Only 21 players so far which is not enough. Thought we might have heard of some more as fans forum is next week.

It as gone quiet,heard theirs still a few to be announced. Might announce some more at the fan’s forum 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KC Ram said:

It’s all gone quiet on the signings front. Only 21 players so far which is not enough. Thought we might have heard of some more as fans forum is next week.

Assuming that all clubs make it to the starting line in 2023 we have 20 league fixtures together with a scattering of cup games. Whilst 21 is a bit on the skinny side I can't imagine us trying to recruit many more than 24. Remember the budget will be much lower than in 2022.

Loan signings may emerge, once more, as might a DR arrangement. I feel that we have recruited well so far and any more will be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Sykes is the obvious one not announced so far so might be announced at Fans Forum.

So that's 22 players.

I think anymore signings will be announced at the Fans Forum as its only 6 days before preseason training starts 🤔

Any 2 from

Kirmond

Lockwood 

Sykes 

Or maybe a surprise 🤔😉😉😉😉😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KC Ram said:

Don't worry K at the mo FEV have 22 York 21 and Fax 19 so there is going to be plenty of incomings to put it into context last year FEV announced three signings 26th jan after we played2 pre-season games and just days before 1st league game on 31st furthermore club says We already have a very strong squad, but we are keen to add further quality and youth to our side within the next few weeks. So, I'm sure your Rams will be doing the same

• Like 3

On 21/10/2022 at 16:35, Blind side johnny said:

Or maybe he wasn't offered a contract because Liam fancied other players?

Bob McDermott is no longer involved I believe.

If LF is building a team to get promoted back into Championship in 2024, Ryder will be 34 by then and was probably one of our better paid players so maybe he wanted to develop younger players 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think I would prefer Lockwood to Kirmond; I can’t put my finger on why, but perhaps it’s because he has been with us before.

Good lad is Locky be nice for him to finish his career at Dewsbury,would have been nice at Fev but some have to move on when others are coming in.

• Like 3