Re Signings for 2023

graham fisher

45 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

We have signed Jack Coventry, who once was one of yours and at 28, perhaps he’s one of those elder statesmen, though probably not yet ready for a swan song!

Jack was only a baby when he played for us 6 games in two years, so he never had the chance to become one of our elder statesmen

On 06/11/2022 at 09:08, Crown Flatter said:

Still not seen any club confirmation that Davies has signed for us for next season.

Connor Davies would be good news.  liked the look of him last year and thought he looked good in a Wales side that was always under the cosh.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2022 at 09:08, Crown Flatter said:

Still not seen any club confirmation that Davies has signed for us for next season.

On Twitter.

Ask your grandkids.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 07/11/2022 at 22:41, Blind side johnny said:

On Twitter.

Ask your grandkids.

That’s no good, they don’t use Twitter and I am informed it hasn’t been found on that platform, nor is it on the club website or Instagram.

I wait to be corrected.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

That’s no good, they don’t use Twitter and I am informed it hasn’t been found on that platform, nor is it on the club website or Instagram.

I wait to be corrected.

My take was that the deal was still to be confirmed.  Maybe interest from elsewhere following his World Cup exploits 😤

2 hours ago, NickD said:

My take was that the deal was still to be confirmed.  Maybe interest from elsewhere following his World Cup exploits 😤

Just going on what Liam said at the forum last week,he said our players had come back from the World Cup unscathed,Connor Davies name was mentioned. Maybe I’ve read too much into that.

42 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Just going on what Liam said at the forum last week,he said our players had come back from the World Cup unscathed,Connor Davies name was mentioned. Maybe I’ve read too much into that.

I think Liam said there was some issue as to where he was living ... but he was hopeful! .. We wait!!

• Thanks 1

Just to let you know Danny Kirmond signed for York as player/ assistant coach

signing for the 2023 season as player/

deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach

Dannys signed a new deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach.

Danny Kirmond has signed a new deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach.

Danny Kirmond has signed a new deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, POR said:

Just to let you know Danny Kirmond signed for York as player/ assistant coach

signing for the 2023 season as player/

deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach

Dannys signed a new deal with the Knights, signing for the 2023 season as player/Assistant Coach.

Obvious choice since Ford left and Henderson took over, he'll develop more at York and we wish him well in his new appointment 👍👍👍👍

No Lockwood either... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Obvious choice since Ford left and Henderson took over, he'll develop more at York and we wish him well in his new appointment 👍👍👍👍

No Lockwood either... 🤔

It's been really quiet regarding Locky, i wonder if he's staying at Fev now ? Still plenty of time for something to happen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fevrover said:

It's been really quiet regarding Locky, i wonder if he's staying at Fev now ? Still plenty of time for something to happen. 

With a change of coach at Featherstone maybe Locky is looking for an opportunity there

• Like 3

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I see Jack Blackborough as signed for Oldham.

They are building up a decent squad. C1 should be pretty competitive next year.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Hi all, i've heard  a rumour that Keenen Tomlinson is in pre-season training with us (Cougars). What's his best position and would he be a good addition?

Was OK but didn’t get a decent run.  Probably a second rower / centre ( as are all second rowers these days😀)

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Hi all, i've heard  a rumour that Keenen Tomlinson is in pre-season training with us (Cougars). What's his best position and would he be a good addition?

Can't say he cracked any pots last season but he seemed to be carrying a injury. Solid player who won't let you down. I'd play him 2nd row. Good luck Keenan. 

34 minutes ago, coolie said:

Bench 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In my younger days, pre summer rugby I was always a popular player off the bench, primarily because I'd warmed it up for the cold fella coming off the field 😵💫

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 2 weeks later...

Indigogo; Keenan's problem with being a 'utility' player is that he never got a regular game with us at Batley when he first showed. Always a bench man as a filler in, always 3rd choice 2nd row, damaging in the centre(where Lingard gave him the 4 shirt inntgevtrucated season to try and settle him) from a short distance as he's a powerful lad but after 25 yards his pace dies. Also filled in on the wing a few times as Rams fans will remember from his acrobatic try at Bash. If he's to go well for Cougars he'll need to be toughened up and given a run and good game time in the 2nd row. Also, and I think Rams fans would agree, he can go missing in action in patches. That said I did like the lad and his keenness. They say that certain players are a fit for certain clubs, we've had a few, this might be his.

• Like 4

A new signing to be announced tonight according to the club social media.

A half back would be nice.