Klaxon time

Wiggyroad

20 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

I hope we have plenty of good forwards signing for us for next season. One forward that we won't have is Jack Teanbyย 

Oopsย 

http://yorkcityknights.com/club/teanby-signs-two-year-deal/?fbclid=IwAR3vV2kK5krCus-6wNlRTQrAXXJ5XwX3U_mHE3lhvjvUfF-jGV4R2YIL8bY

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Daley sounds promising. Letโ€™s hope he spends more time on the pitch than another Aussie. Shouldnโ€™t be too difficult as some โ€˜Royal Rumbleโ€™ contestants managed more time on the York turf than BOH last season. Teanby - like his commitment, but would like to see more offloads. I like Antrobus for his effort and versatility. Hope he can find more gaps than opposition players next season. As for Ukuma Taโ€™ai, I can only assume thereโ€™s some sponsorships deal with Stannah Stairlifts next season? Anyone got Brendan Whiteโ€™s number, letโ€™s get that Klaxon sounding again.ย 

38 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Daley sounds promising. Letโ€™s hope he spends more time on the pitch than another Aussie. Shouldnโ€™t be too difficult as some โ€˜Royal Rumbleโ€™ contestants managed more time on the York turf than BOH last season. Teanby - like his commitment, but would like to see more offloads. I like Antrobus for his effort and versatility. Hope he can find more gaps than opposition players next season. As for Ukuma Taโ€™ai, I can only assume thereโ€™s some sponsorships deal with Stannah Stairlifts next season? Anyone got Brendan Whiteโ€™s number, letโ€™s get that Klaxon sounding again.ย 

Now I may be wrong here, but I get the impression youโ€™re a glass half empty sort of person?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

Brendan has been very unlucky with injuries , no player deliberately gets an injury hopefully things will improve next season and you will see the class player he already is , as for akuma ta'ai, at 35 you've got to look at fui fui moi moi 40 and still a weapon , oh and let's not forget Stanley gene wasn't he reputedly about 53 when he hung his boots up๐Ÿ˜‰ . just my views of course ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 3

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

ย oh and let's not forget Stanley gene wasn't he reputedly about 53 when he hung his boots up๐Ÿ˜‰ . just my views of course ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

No it was 1953 when he made his debut, easy mistake to makeย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To be fair Simon, I probably am. Itโ€™s probably a backlash for having to be uber-positive at work no matter what (I work in a tech company where most are half my age). Hey Iโ€™d like nothing more than BOH to play every minute next season and for UT to play like heโ€™s 26 again. Have a good day.ย 

• Like 3

Jesse Dee, Australian centre from Newcastle Thunder. I think centre is somewhere weโ€™ve struggled, Edwards hasnโ€™t always been on form/available. Iโ€™d hope Dee can form a good partnership with AJ or Oakes because on the other side of the pitch (Glover/Brown) itโ€™s paid dividends.

• Like 4

Daley and Dee look like solid signings. Not sure aboutย Taโ€™ai at 35. We'll see. Antrobus has got something about him. I'mย not sure we've got the best out of him yet but I'mย glad he's staying. How many more spaces do we have left for new signings?

On 27/09/2022 at 18:02, Shadow45 said:

Wonder if the lad knows a couple of props in the mould of Mike Marketo?ย 

Little known fact. Marketo was actually made of granite. We had some very good Aussies around that time. Matt Carter, Rod Pethybridge and Peter Martin come to mind.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, YCKBob said:

Daley and Dee look like solid signings. Not sure aboutย Taโ€™ai at 35. We'll see. Antrobus has got something about him. I'mย not sure we've got the best out of him yet but I'mย glad he's staying. How many more spaces do we have left for new signings?

Well Ta'ai was more than a handful for us at 1:40 here......

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1