Klaxon time

Wiggyroad

4 hours ago, spanishknight said:

On Premier Sports it said Inman had made his move to York permanent, also before the last match there were rumours we had signed one from Workington and one from Whitehaven, think the main thing is to get a coach on board first.

Conor Fitzsimmons was rumoured to be the player signed from Workington, I believe and 2 names I’d seen mentioned with regards Whitehaven were Nikau Williams and Ryan King. Not sure how true any of them are, just saying what I’d seen. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 16:29, mn79 said:

Conor Fitzsimmons was rumoured to be the player signed from Workington, I believe and 2 names I’d seen mentioned with regards Whitehaven were Nikau Williams and Ryan King. Not sure how true any of them are, just saying what I’d seen. 

Ryan King looks a big lad and playing well against Scotland.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Tom Inman told me he has accepted an offer from Halifax. Ryan King understood to be going there too.

That is disappointing to hear as Tom has bags of potential. But he has to do what is right for him so good luck to the lad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonT said:

That is disappointing to hear as Tom has bags of potential. But he has to do what is right for him so good luck to the lad.

Hopefully not as much potential as the new Aussie hooker we've signed😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andyacko said:

Tom Inman told me he has accepted an offer from Halifax. Ryan King understood to be going there too.

Disappointing about Inman but understandable as I think Halifax captain and hooker, Barber, has just retired. At least I think he was a hooker.

Edited by Clarence Street

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

Disappointing about Inman but understandable as I think Halifax captain and hooker, Barber, has just retired. At least I think he was a hooker.

Back row or centre, John.😉

I agree about young Tom and he was telling me he loved his time at York but, as said, has to do what's right for him. Also holds Jubby up as something of a hero.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Got to agree, don't think our squad is good enough to get in the top six as it is.

Still time for new signings,but need to make signings before pre season starts look to light in the forwards.

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Got to agree, don't think our squad is good enough to get in the top six as it is.

Have to admit I don't have too much confidence we will be a top 6 side again next year with the current squad.

Do we know what happened to Levi? Has he gone back to Rhinos?

Have we got any more money for new signings? This might be it? I guess there are loan players? Levi is a great prospect, but I‘m not sure his game progressed much with us. Mind you when you play 5 drives and a kick for 80 mins he was hardly on the end of quality ball. 

• Like 2

Sadly, can’t see us competing with the likes of Featherstone, Toulouse or even Bradford (where are they getting the money from)  with the signings they have made and got in the pipeline if what we read is to be believed. We still need some more muscle upfront. I hope I am proved wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Sadly, can’t see us competing with the likes of Featherstone, Toulouse or even Bradford (where are they getting the money from)  with the signings they have made and got in the pipeline if what we read is to be believed. We still need some more muscle upfront. I hope I am proved wrong.

I hope I am proved wrong too but as the squad is at this point in time I would add Fax, Batley and Widnes to that list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

I personally think the squad is just as good as last year's, a lot will depend on Hendo and yes we will make the six. 

To be fair G  your squad being as good as last year to get in the six depends on one thing are the teams who finished out of the six as BAD as they were last year🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not normally one to bag players but in the games I saw him play he was nowhere near Championship standard. Best of luck to the lad for the future.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season