NRL Match Thread NRLRound 25

Egan Butcher recovers from a high shot to run through Mitchell and score for the Roosters.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's hoping that Manu's injury isn't too bad.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Would be a massive blow to their playoff hopes if it’s a serious tear.

Not to mention the World Cup.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 01/09/2022 at 12:47, Graham said:

Not Munster’s best game.

That last missed goal kick summed up Storm there. Just not on top form when it was needed. 
Eels on the other hand deserved their win with a good performance to hearten their great support.

Funny enough, maybe to prove me wrong, he scored well with Supercoach points.

Fantastic looking stadium and a good game . I thought the Roosters were largely very good and clearly superior with Murray going off a major blow . Tedesco was inspirational although they’ll be hoping Manu’s injury isn’t to serious . Gildart may get a gig ? They really shackled Latrell , and when I look at Souths for all the talent they have I’d be shocked if they went all the way with Ilias at 7 I just don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough .

The Dogs came back in an exciting finish and can be more optimistic about next year . Manly will just be happy to end the season . I was a bit surprised the comms were saying JTurbo was a WC certainty . I don’t see it , in what position with Yeo and Murray there and him patently never a front row? Maybe he’s one of those that’s just ‘in’

Edited by DavidM

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Funny enough, maybe to prove me wrong, he scored well with Supercoach points.

You are right to pick up on that last missed conversion though. Not enough has been made of it as far is I have seen. That goal was vital for the Storm to have any possibility of finishing in the top 4.

I can’t believe Munster was so blasé.

No time to crow about the Roosters, because the game that matters is next week. With players returning and some maybe not, in particular joey Manu. Next week will be  coin flip.

Rumours of the Storm's demise are getting more credible by the day. They should polish off ricky's Raidersw or the Brox but then....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The Warriors were leading 20:6 at half time, so of course they lost. FFS.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson