Cumbria v Jamaica WC Warm-up fixture announced

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This is superb stuff, and the new board sounds excellent.

True, but I'm guessing that the clubs have had to come together and act in the absence of any action by the RFL. Surely it's the governing body's responsibility to lead on representative teams.

2 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

True, but I'm guessing that the clubs have had to come together and act in the absence of any action by the RFL. Surely it's the governing body's responsibility to lead on representative teams.

Reading some things on this it was the Jamaica team management who set this in motion by directly contacting the clubs (or someone involved in Cumbria RL), so it looks likely you are right, the RFL had sod all to do with it.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Reading some things on this it was the Jamaica team management who set this in motion by directly contacting the clubs (or someone involved in Cumbria RL), so it looks likely you are right, the RFL had sod all to do with it.

Is it the RFL's job to find opponents for other international teams?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This should also help Workington Town out as well who are on the verge of going under, so money from the bar etc will be invaluable.

Just a few years ago I remember bucket collections at town at most home games to help Bradford after the UK RL community all pitched in to help - however as Town and Cumbria isn't in that M62 club it looks like the county has had to sort this and help town out themselves. 

Hope they get a big crowd - especially since they lost their WC games- even though Derwent Park is a better ground and far better and bigger pitch than it was for the 2013 WC and that amazing 4 nations game between Scotland and New Zealand. 

Edited by Mr Frisky

Would imagine Paul Crarey would still be coach so expect a fair few from barrow ,Doran ,Fitzsimmons and Barnes from town,the likes of Bulman,Dixon ,Wilkinson from haven and see who puts their hand up from away Amor,Brad Singleton, Brandon Moore, will Maher, Greg Richards, James Donaldson, Brad Walker ,Jordan johnstone plenty of forwards anyway

I`ve been trying to find my programme from the Garry Purdham game but cant find the bloody thing. That was a superb day, great game too.

34 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Would imagine Paul Crarey would still be coach so expect a fair few from barrow ,Doran ,Fitzsimmons and Barnes from town,the likes of Bulman,Dixon ,Wilkinson from haven and see who puts their hand up from away Amor,Brad Singleton, Brandon Moore, will Maher, Greg Richards, James Donaldson, Brad Walker ,Jordan johnstone plenty of forwards anyway

Cant argue with any of that, Cresta will/should be coach, I hope he pulls in a couple of the younger lads from the clubs to the squad along with the seniors too, someone like Malik Steele at Town.

2 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Anyone care to take a guess at Cumbria's 1 to 17.

It'll be a great sign off for Kyle Amor as skipper!

1.Broadbent,2.Ritson,3.Shaw,4.Teare,5.Bulman,6.Dixon,7.Doran,8.Singleton,9.Moore,10.Amor,11,Donaldson,12.Barnes,13.Walker

14.Maher,15.Richards,16.Holgate,17.Gillam 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

This should also help Workington Town out as well who are on the verge of going under, so money from the bar etc will be invaluable.

Just a few years ago I remember bucket collections at town at most home games to help Bradford after the UK RL community all pitched in to help - however as Town and Cumbria isn't in that M62 club it looks like the county has had to sort this and help town out themselves. 

Hope they get a big crowd - especially since they lost their WC games- even though Derwent Park is a better ground and far better and bigger pitch than it was for the 2013 WC and that amazing 4 nations game between Scotland and New Zealand. 

All money made will be split between the 3 clubs or go to somewhere else, town won't just get to keep it all