Cumbria v Jamaica Warm up game 7th October

dkw

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

hope to god its a fine day as the fanzone could be absolutely bouncing and could really help to give the club a much needed cash injection 

Surely if it's a Cumbrian team the money will be given to all 3 clubs? Will need to be really well supported to make a difference to any team.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Surely if it's a Cumbrian team the money will be given to all 3 clubs? Will need to be really well supported to make a difference to any team.

Any funding will be split  but why would any money made from the facilities be split?

I'm not even sure this is anything to do with the 3 clubs.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Any funding will be split  but why would any money made from the facilities be split?

It's usually just the gate money that is split, goes towards other expenses, but up to the home club to make the best of selling food/drink ect,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

I'm not even sure this is anything to do with the 3 clubs.

The way I read it was that it was between the 3 clubs, I'd imagine each club would of put forward a proposal as to why they should host it, and the 2 clubs who weren't selected would of put things in place to take a percentage of certain income, I'm sure it'll become more clear when more details come out.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

The way I read it was that it was between the 3 clubs, I'd imagine each club would of put forward a proposal as to why they should host it, and the 2 clubs who weren't selected would of put things in place to take a percentage of certain income, I'm sure it'll become more clear when more details come out.

It is a going to be  rotation, this first game at Derwent Park then the next games at the 2 other Clubs as more games will be planned. It isn't a one off event. 

58 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

It is a going to be  rotation, this first game at Derwent Park then the next games at the 2 other Clubs as more games will be planned. It isn't a one off event. 

Of the 3 grounds only DP is anywhere near international standard though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

That's never been a thing, would Wembley share with all the SL clubs? I can't even see how you think that would happen.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

But this isn't an International fixture is it? Future games if the set uplasts, will also be just friendlies, non official warm up games or one off events. 

It's classed as a representative fixture isnt it? Or something like that.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

But this isn't an International fixture is it? Future games if the set uplasts, will also be just friendlies, non official warm up games or one off events. 

Its half international- even with half the other 2 grounds arnt upto it marra.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, town4me said:

I think with our new stadium in workington it will be first choice in the future for these kind of fixtures.  

They aren't official fixtures, read the full article, it is the 3 Cumbria clubs coming together with this idea, a joint initiative, it's not all about you or a certain venue. It will switch venues between all 3 if it is successful and continues in future, why do you always have to be tribal? Embrace these joint initiatives and ideas for the good of all cumbrian Rugby League. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
  • Like 3