Cumbria v Jamaica Warm up game 7th October

dkw

Cumbria squad has been announced....

Kyle Amor (St Helens), Luke Broadbent (Whitehaven), Andrew Bulman (Whitehaven), Brett Carter (Barrow Raiders), Jake Carter (Barrow Raiders), Luke Cresswell (Barrow Raiders), Jamie Doran (Workington Town), Conor Fitzsimmons (Workington Town), Ellis Gillam (Barrow Raiders), Sam Halsall (Wigan Warriors), Harvie Hill (Wigan Warriors), Tom Hopkins (Barrow Raiders), Ryan Johnson (Barrow Raiders), Liam McAvoy (Whitehaven), Gregg McNally (Rochdale Hornets), Jacques O’Neill (Unattached), Tee Ritson (Barrow Raiders), Connor Saunders (Barrow Raiders), Ryan Shaw (Barrow Raiders), Brad Singleton (Wigan Warriors), Perry Singleton (Whitehaven), Stevie Scholey (Workington Town), Curtis Teare (Whitehaven), Jordan Thomson (Workington Town), Brad Walker (Wakefield Trinity), Tom Walker (Whitehaven)

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to Friday. After what has been a season to maybe forget as a town supporter, it'll be good to see a big crowd and some entertaining rugby under the lights. 

Hope for a bumper crowd. Let's show that top quality RL in the area is well supported. 

I want to suggest that Cumbrias own   national anthem is played on Friday.

I refer to D' Y' Ken John Peel. Before anybody starts, I say that because it's a great tune and part of the county's history, these days it doesn't mean supporting fox hunting!

GSTK is a dirge, not about Cumbria, or England for that matter  

Looking forward to the game, interesting to see who Crarey selects,let's hope we can start getting a couple of county games a season from now on and make it an experience that all Cumbria players from in or out of the county want to embrace. On out of county players I read somewhere that Myles dalton-harrop the young kendal born Salford back was added to the squad but cant see any confirmation.  Strip looks smart I'm sure everyone will do the county proud 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rex3 said:

I want to suggest that Cumbrias own   national anthem is played on Friday.

I refer to D' Y' Ken John Peel. Before anybody starts, I say that because it's a great tune and part of the county's history, these days it doesn't mean supporting fox hunting!

GSTK is a dirge, not about Cumbria, or England for that matter  

The shirts are sponsored by Cheese XL crisps.

Enjoyed that. Good to see the county side back in action and a packed DP. Any crowd given?

Jamaica just ran out of steam in the 2nd half which I imagine will be alarming with them going into the WC next week. Cumbria were very good I thought. If anything, the game confirmed to me that a joint cumbria side could well compete at the very top of championship and attract good crowds. 

Hope to see it back again next year

Edited by townie88
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, townie88 said:

Enjoyed that. Good to see the county side back in action and a packed DP. Any crowd given?

Jamaica just ran out of steam in the 2nd half which I imagine will be alarming with them going into the WC next week. Cumbria were very good I thought. If anything, the game confirmed to me that a joint cumbria side could well compete at the very top of championship and attract good crowds. 

Hope to see it back again next year

Crowd had tobe about 4000 - great to see under lights. 

DP is a great ground on nights like tonight.

Better if they had used the old speedway terraced lighting without the speccies sitting in the dark? It, somehow, spoiled the look of the old stadium with both sides in darkness, but happy with crowd so well done all who attended the game.  

• Like 1

Great night, really enjoyed it. Watched a bit of all the games. 

Cumbria played really well for their first game in 11 years. Jamaica had a couple of good players but lacked a few more. 

Really impressed with the quality of the kids game. At that age some of the lads are in mens bodies and some are still kids, so often size matters. But both teams had a few moves and were entertaining. Walkers younger brother Coby looked accomplished at 7 and a lad called Caleb ( listening to the kids in front of me) stood out for Seaton in their win. They should definitely think about doing them as curtain raisers more often as you could see how the kids enjoyed it.

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Really enjoyed the night. Great crowd and some cracking tries. Well done to those involved in getting the game organised and promoted in such a short time. Pity the RFL couldn’t be bothered to make a mention of it on their Twitter feed.

• Like 1

what crowd do you think?

Looked about 3500 to me, lot's of freebies for kids in there, but it was great to see a good crowd watching the game and the club will have made some much needed revenue which will hopefully have got us out of the ###### !

I'm already looking forward to next year, there seems to be a bit more energy around the place and hopefully taht will carry on into next season 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Unfortunately could not make the game last night - Please can anyone provide final score and any stand out performers for both Cumbria & Jamaica?

28-12 to cumbria.

Jake Carter played well for Cumbria, Ash Golding was Jamaicas best player.