Haven on Sunday

Unicorn 106

Like most Townies I'm not looking forward to this, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. We all know we are in for 80min of torture on and off the field. Hopefully the lads give it a good dig like they've been doing the last few games and we come out of it with some pride. If you get a bit stick from our nearest and dearest singing 'going down' tomorrow,  just remember who is singing at you and be thankfull you are a Townie. The ones singing are the fans of a club who've achieved nothing in the top flight of the game, and have never won a final at any level.  The first incarnation  1948 to 1992 won nothing at all, zero, zilch, nada, nowt. Their biggest achievement was a challenge cup semi final appearance. After going bust twicel, they were reincarnated as Whitehaven 1992 and in their present guise as Whitehaven 2010. These 2 new clubs did have minor success in winning the 2nd division league leaders shield and the 3rd division league trophy. All this failure over the years despite financial backing from the likes of Marchon , Sellafield, and Drigg Dump courtesy of Captain Dick.

History lesson over, at the end of the day we are going down and they aren't, but I know I'm lucky it's the team in blue & white I've supported all these years. UTT 💙

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Like most Townies I'm not looking forward to this, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. We all know we are in for 80min of torture on and off the field. Hopefully the lads give it a good dig like they've been doing the last few games and we come out of it with some pride. If you get a bit stick from our nearest and dearest singing 'going down' tomorrow,  just remember who is singing at you and be thankfull you are a Townie. The ones singing are the fans of a club who've achieved nothing in the top flight of the game, and have never won a final at any level.  The first incarnation  1948 to 1992 won nothing at all, zero, zilch, nada, nowt. Their biggest achievement was a challenge cup semi final appearance. After going bust twicel, they were reincarnated as Whitehaven 1992 and in their present guise as Whitehaven 2010. These 2 new clubs did have minor success in winning the 2nd division league leaders shield and the 3rd division league trophy. All this failure over the years despite financial backing from the likes of Marchon , Sellafield, and Drigg Dump courtesy of Captain Dick.

History lesson over, at the end of the day we are going down and they aren't, but I know I'm lucky it's the team in blue & white I've supported all these years. UTT 💙

What a sad and bitter individual. This coming from a supporter of a club pleading for Haven fans to travel to the game tomorrow to help save YOUR club. Thanks for making my mind up I’ll give it a miss now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Marrafan said:

What a sad and bitter individual. This coming from a supporter of a club pleading for Haven fans to travel to the game tomorrow to help save YOUR club. Thanks for making my mind up I’ll give it a miss now.

You'll be the only one, if you bump into the 1'999 Haven fans still coming, will you thank them for their support 👍

26 minutes ago, Town Army said:

You'll be the only one, if you bump into the 1'999 Haven fans still coming, will you thank them for their support 👍

🔵⚪SOME GOOD NEWS TO START THE DAY......

🐦 EARLY BIRDS CAN STILL CATCH THE WORM👇

🕙WE HAVE EXTENDED THE EARLY BIRD

SAVINGS UNTIL 10pm SATURDAY NIGHT!

ALL CONCESSION TICKET PURCHASES WILL REQUIRE PROOF OF AGE.

https://buytickets.at/town/753934

🔵⚪ 🔵Town fans please keep backing the club! KIDS FREE with COMMUNITY CLUB COLOURS ON! U11s require adult supervision. 

🔴⚪🔴 Workington AFC Official Good luck today and travel safe and reminder Junior centenary pass holders are allowed in FREE with u11s requiring adult supervision. 

🟤🔵🟠 Whitehaven Rugby League 2010

Your fans Have bought in numbers! 

Whitehaven RL Ladies Committee Whitehaven RL Vice Presidents 

It's going to be a cracker so git ameng it! 

COMMUNITY CLUBS PLEASE SHARE & BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR FIXTURES TODAY! 

Seaton Rangers ARLFC Aspatria Hornets Rugby Cockermouth Titans ARLFC Glasson Rangers / Glassonbury Maryport Amateur Rugby League Club  Ellenborough Rangers ARLFC Youth Rugby  Lowca ARLFC Hensingham ARLFC Wath Brow Hornets Kells ARLFC Egremont Rangers ARLFC Youth Section Distington ARL & CASC Workington Reds Ladies FC Workington Zebras RFC Silloth RUFC official Aspatria RUFC, The BlackReds Cockermouth Rufc Barrow Island ARLFC Derwent Park Supporters Club Bridget Dempsey Times & Star Sizzling Simon's Workington Cricket Club 

https://buytickets.at/town/753934

According to this “plea” from your club Haven fans have “bought in numbers”. Embarrassing the way your club are “begging” Haven fans to go tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Wow that’s one pathetic post,good luck to Town next year,I hope the club gets over its present troubles & can rebuild over the next few years but attitudes like yours does the sport in this area no favours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

According to this “plea” from your club Haven fans have “bought in numbers”. Embarrassing the way your club are “begging” Haven fans to go tomorrow. 

We're skint! Why wouldn't we? 

Is it any more embarrassing than one of your own players trawling the pubs of Whitehaven with a "Save Our Club" bucket only a few years ago? 

58 minutes ago, Town Army said:

We're skint! Why wouldn't we? 

Is it any more embarrassing than one of your own players trawling the pubs of Whitehaven with a "Save Our Club" bucket only a few years ago? 

Yes it is it’s your club begging to another clubs supporters to turn up because you can’t raise enough support on your own. Not just another club one who’s fans a few on this forum have a deep dislike of. 

17 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Yes it is it’s your club begging to another clubs supporters to turn up because you can’t raise enough support on your own. Not just another club one who’s fans a few on this forum have a deep dislike of. 

Which west cumbrian club has a date after its name?? You have a short memory

12 minutes ago, DocH said:

YYYAWWWWNNNN!  Can someone delete this pathetic thread please

Agreed, apart from putting a few off could also cause tension between the fans who are going. I for one won't be taking my family along if I think there's going to be any trouble unfortunately 

There are other fans from Workington who want both clubs in the west to do well  except when we play each other. And then the games to be competitive.

When living away during my college days and back visiting  I would hope to take in a Town match  but if we were away would go through to the Rec for my rugby fix.

I am sure there are many like me who realise both clubs need each other and the derby's that bring in bigger crowds and revenue. Its us 2 clubs against the rest. There is no place for the hatred and aggression, sledging OK but keep it under control in what is still a family sport without segregation and the need for police control.

Enjoy the game and wish each other well at the end, please.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Ffs your very delicate arnt you. Come if you want don't if you don't, no one cares..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

The nastiness of some haven fans is pathetic and deserves to be totally ignored. I agree with Peter that the majority of fans from both clubs will want to be marras. Its in the interests of both clubs and RL generally in west Cumbria.

After all next year the shoe might be on the other foot, if they don't continue to get 100K donation from a certain individual. Which is not to say that BOTH clubs won't struggle financially. 

On  top of that RL in  west Cumbria  could well be about to be stitched up by the RL Review. As previous post said, another reason for both clubs and their supporters to stick together

• Like 2

😂😂😂 it’s all banter ffs, I still expect 500 - 600 haven fans ( gone down ) 😂 still to be there. Al be there normal time 13:45 pay mine & lads money and that’s it. A wud say 80% of both clubs supporters don’t even look at these forums online. If your a Haven fan and your doubting going give yer head a wobble. 

Edited by Haven Rugby League
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Haven Rugby League said:

😂😂😂 it’s all banter ffs, I still expect 500 - 600 haven fans ( gone down ) 😂 still to be there. Al be there normal time 13:45 pay mine & lads money and that’s it. A wud say 80% of both clubs supporters don’t even look at these forums online. If your a Haven fan and your doubting going give yer head a wobble. 

We need each other to survive end of 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marrafan said:

What about that time Haven directors were begging for money? Then stood with a cheque from Bradford after begging for £839?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

What a shame the predicted 600 to 800 has shrunk.

Hope they reconsider even though the weather is not great  and we get a great game and atmosphere from a good crowd.

Was never going to be that, they don't get 800 for home games. 

7 hours ago, Town Army said:

Was never going to be that, they don't get 800 for home games. 

Had over 1000 most home games mate confirmed by a director 2days ago and considering the year we have had it’s no been bad gates. make no mistake we always bring more than you ever bring to the rec 

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Had over 1000 most home games mate confirmed by a director 2days ago and considering the year we have had it’s no been bad gates. make no mistake we always bring more than you ever bring to the rec

I stand corrected, not a bad effort. 

Still won't be bringing 600-800 today though 😜

• Haha 1

On 03/09/2022 at 08:59, Marrafan said:

Was any of what I posted not true ? Not bitter, just stating facts. If haven had a cabinet full of trophies , then I might have something to be bitter about. Frothing at the mouth over the truth, on a TOWN forum, get a grip FFS. I couldn't give a monkeys if I've put a few off coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1