Haven on Sunday

Unicorn 106

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Was any of what I posted not true ? Not bitter, just stating facts. If haven had a cabinet full of trophies , then I might have something to be bitter about. Frothing at the mouth over the truth, on a TOWN forum, get a grip FFS. I couldn't give a monkeys if I've put a few off coming.

Seem to recall an article in the Jam Eater equivalent of Times & Star that said "thieves had broken into the Recre and stole the entire contents of the trophy cabinet"!

But the Spider said "its ok I will build another web"

• Haha 1

Granted that Town have historically won more trophy's than Haven, you need to go back 70 years to when they were a real power in RL,  Most fans on here will not remember the Championship of 1951 & Challenge Cup of 1952.  Since then its been one Lancashire cup in about 1977 which was 45 years ago.  Its good to have history but what perhaps should be asked is why such a tumble in standard from those heady days?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Granted that Town have historically won more trophy's than Haven, you need to go back 70 years to when they were a real power in RL,  Most fans on here will not remember the Championship of 1951 & Challenge Cup of 1952.  Since then its been one Lancashire cup in about 1977 which was 45 years ago.  Its good to have history but what perhaps should be asked is why such a tumble in standard from those heady days?

Yes and Premierships in 90s - So In Patches granted.

But goes to show Form is Temporary - Class is Permanent

Currently out of Form - But We will be back!

• Like 2

Pretty much as expected, we didn't have much to offer blah blah same old, tomposh was really good though hope he's here next season..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

When Haven were in trouble I threw money in to help,as have some of theirs now its our turn to face trouble. But you can't account for the ones that get offended by a forum post or think it will incite a riot. What a load of rhubarb! Grow up kids eh?

Today Haven won at a canter, and we went out with a wimper. I hope some of our team watch the video back and learn from the difference in attitude and desire. From taking a ball in to chasing kicks some of our team was just going through the motions.  

If we get beat and the whole team has a dig then I'll accept that but today and this season hasn't been like that. Let's hope we retain all the 100% players and say thanks and goodbye to the others no matter who they are. 

Good luck to Haven for next season in the Championship and let's hope we can pull through this and get a half decent team for next year learning from the mistakes made this season.  UTT 

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Same old one man rugby from Town, regardless of ability, that is one very poorly coached side.

The ball rarely goes through 2 sets of hands, certainly not more than twice in any set of six.

The team looked much more settled with Stevie and Henson on the field but by the time they were both on the field the game was lost.

thought Thompson played ok but he wouldn’t have been my man of the match.

on the plus side, it was great to see so many kids wearing their club colours and that’s certainly an area the club should be looking to build on for next season.

and there was a steady stream of folks with a pint throughout the game so that’s bound to have helped.

finances will govern next years squad, but there’s only 7 or 8 I would want to take into next season, we need a fresh start, whether that includes Chris Thorman will be for the BOD (and Chris) to decide.

Well what was the gate after all, Peter Smith part of the commentary team said it looked like 13 to 1400. From Mr U,s post did not seem to be more than a couple of hundred from Haven  and I know his comment was tongue in cheek.  

The commentary was painful  both what was reported but also the speed of delivery  but better than nothing for us exiles.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well what was the gate after all, Peter Smith part of the commentary team said it looked like 13 to 1400. From Mr U,s post did not seem to be more than a couple of hundred from Haven  and I know his comment was tongue in cheek.  

The commentary was painful  both what was reported but also the speed of delivery  but better than nothing for us exiles.

The only people you could here in the ground was haven fans if the crowd was 1400 then a hell of a lot more than 200 were haven fans most of the fans in pop side was our lot never heard town fans so quiet 

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

The only people you could here in the ground was haven fans if the crowd was 1400 then a hell of a lot more than 200 were haven fans most of the fans in pop side was our lot 

If you were standing with haven fans it makes sense you would hear them marra, where I was it was all Town fans singing and chanting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

The only people you could here in the ground was haven fans if the crowd was 1400 then a hell of a lot more than 200 were haven fans most of the fans in pop side was our lot never heard town fans so quiet 

Your deaf then, haven fans singing we can see you sneaking out after the hooter went was a larl bit mental like, I always go home after the match is finished like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

If you were standing with haven fans it makes sense you would hear them marra, where I was it was all Town fans singing and chanting.

Only time I heard town fans was when ya scored you got oustsung the whole game what would u be singing and chanting for u got Dominted in every department if we didn’t turn up it would have been like a morgue 

• Haha 2

Just now, anok4u said:

Your deaf then, haven fans singing we can see you sneaking out after the hooter went was a larl bit mental like, I always go home after the match is finished like.

What would u be singing for u scored a try and done nothing else u must be crazy mate 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

What would u be singing for u scored a try and done nothing else u must be crazy mate 

Ffs you never heard them singing so it never happened ok mate got it.. 

Edited by anok4u
  • Like 1

I was in the grandstand and the Haven fans seemed to be grouped in one area on the popular side.

it was a good turnout but no way did they outnumber Town fans, nowhere close.

they certainly made themselves heard, and why wouldn’t they as it was a well drilled comprehensive victory and is long suffering Town fans have had nowt to sing about this season! 😂😂🥹

good luck to Haven, they have the bragging rights again, we would have done exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

I would like to see them beat Newcastle and finish the season on a high, no point in being bitter just because we have had a shtie season and we’re relegated.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, town4me said:

Poor game. Town poor and haven not that much better. Good side would have hammerd a lack lusture Town today. A sad state of affairs for West cumbrian RL. 

Well if u include the 2 tries we bombed would have been a bit more of a tanking mate but I agree first 25 mins haven brill after that was scrappy and both side going through the motions and just want the season finished 

• Haha 1