Haven on Sunday

Unicorn 106

12 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Only time I heard town fans was when ya scored you got oustsung the whole game what would u be singing and chanting for u got Dominted in every department if we didn’t turn up it would have been like a morgue 

Good luck next season marra - class club and fans👍

• Haha 2

That's the spirit Mr F.

Well back to the gate and the need for much needed revenue so we can have a club next season and retain and recruit a competive team. We have estimates of between 1300 and 2000. So we're these mostly kids or do we have 1000 plus paying the early bird rate of £12. Plenty of pints sold and perhaps a few staying in the sun in the fanzone? So hopefully all in all a good earner if not a vintage performance.

5 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

That's the spirit Mr F.

Well back to the gate and the need for much needed revenue so we can have a club next season and retain and recruit a competive team. We have estimates of between 1300 and 2000. So we're these mostly kids or do we have 1000 plus paying the early bird rate of £12. Plenty of pints sold and perhaps a few staying in the sun in the fanzone? So hopefully all in all a good earner if not a vintage performance.

I'm sure the early bird pal was £15 but stand corrected.

38 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Your deaf then, haven fans singing we can see you sneaking out after the hooter went was a larl bit mental like, I always go home after the match is finished like.

Yeah i heard them singing at us I can see you sneaking out, 2 minutes after the final hooter after we'd clapped our team off, they are a special bunch 🤣

• Haha 4

Hopefully it's confirmed it's a decent attendance and some good money generated for town, hopefully you can bounce back next year 👍 as for Haven, crack is we may be losing a few so looks like we'll have to have a good re-build. What's happened to Doran? Looks a shadow of the player he used to be.

• Like 1

Please somebody try to defend that show today, a team of passionless players who looked as though they couldn’t care less about the performance or the result, the club keep asking the fans to dig deep and support them, no offence when the team perform like that then why the hell should we. And as for coach, lost every bit of respect for him today, arrogance of the highest order 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Attendance 1427 but I don’t think kids were counted as they got in free 

I don't think attendance is counted by paying fans only I was told it was everyone in the ground including players staff etc but I may be incorrect 

18 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I don't think attendance is counted by paying fans only I was told it was everyone in the ground including players staff etc but I may be incorrect 

That’s correct, remember the club’s last statement where they said crowds of about 900 was actually only about 500 paying fans after taking out all the above plus sponsors and complimentary tickets.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Only time I heard town fans was when ya scored you got oustsung the whole game what would u be singing and chanting for u got Dominted in every department if we didn’t turn up it would have been like a morgue 

Is the beer not watered down a DP or something? 

After the season we have endured you'd better believe the place is quieter than usual, but the lads were still singing, because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. They were even singing about travelling to Cornwall next year. 

Enjoy your win, without playing well you won easily. Just remember that the sun even shines on a dogs asre now and again!  😉 Good luck next season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Poor game. Town poor and haven not that much better. Good side would have hammerd a lack lusture Town today. A sad state of affairs for West cumbrian RL. 

There you go again, you lost and yet the other team is rubbish and so is Cumbria rugby. Just try congratulating the better team and accepting your team are where they are and hope things can be turned around next year. 

Whitehaven didn't need to be outstanding today, they had nothing much to play for except Derby pride. They are in the Championship next season so it was already job done. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Is the beer not watered down a DP or something? 

After the season we have endured you'd better believe the place is quieter than usual, but the lads were still singing, because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. They were even singing about travelling to Cornwall next year. 

Enjoy your win, without playing well you won easily. Just remember that the sun even shines on a dogs asre now and again!  😉 Good luck next season. 

I honestly hope u come straight back up and get a better crack at it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

There you go again, you lost and yet the other team is rubbish and so is Cumbria rugby. Just try congratulating the better team and accepting your team are where they are and hope things can be turned around next year. 

Whitehaven didn't need to be outstanding today, they had nothing much to play for except Derby pride. They are in the Championship next season so it was already job done. 

But out Johnny , you clown. Were you there ? No, didn't think so 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank god that season is put to bed and the board can now take account over the next few weeks and decide the direction we go in! If/when we know we have a club to come back to there will at least be no excuse of 'not knowing where we were playing'. It's early September, planning should start tomorrow!

Not a great deal of ups this season, plenty of downs but it's what sport is all about.

Congratulations to Haven winning the crowd singing cup. 

56 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Thanks for 'yet' another reply jony. Where did I say haven and cumbria rugby were "rubbish"?   I was at the match today and I'm guessing you weren't. If you think west cumbrian RL is is a very good state then thats upto you. Both far from flush,both ratching round for SL kids on very short term loans, both with falling crowds and an amature scence far from what it used to be. How do you know haven were just going through the motions??  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, townie88 said:

Thank god that season is put to bed and the board can now take account over the next few weeks and decide the direction we go in! If/when we know we have a club to come back to there will at least be no excuse of 'not knowing where we were playing'. It's early September, planning should start tomorrow!

Not a great deal of ups this season, plenty of downs but it's what sport is all about.

Congratulations to Haven winning the crowd singing cup. 

Not finished yet - York still to come {away}

Just looked at Jam eaters forum - nothing?

Unless my PC is playing up 

Surely some of them can use a computer?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

From Dewsbury  bought a ticket for that game but was ill.

One of the better guys.

Different johnny different club peter 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, Johnny Ringo said:

It’s his stock answer to a derby defeat,it just happens it’s used a lot more regularly these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

It’s his stock answer to a derby defeat,it just happens it’s used a lot more regularly these days.

Jonny Ringo and davo my two fans never fail me. Stick a laughing emoji on this one too  please. Wasn't gonna take much for a haven win today but I think some are making them out to be something they aren't. 👍

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1