Rimmer is off

22 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It was doing the rounds a while ago that Ralph was off (to spend more time with his tailor). 

Though at the time the rumour was Moorhouse was taking over? This is interesting. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Won't hear a word against the guy, he got my Club Wembley seats reinstated after the RFL ticket bods demoted us to peasant class in the post COVID CC final 

What a guy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Whilst he might have done some good stuff behind the scenes, this is undeniably good news.

The game needs a visible, credible leader, who can be seen to be in control and who can clearly set out what's going on. They might not be popular, in fact they inevitably won't be - but they do need to be visible and seen to be in charge.

• Like 2

Well hopefully this is the start of the clean slate and changes through the IMG partnership. A clean out of the old guard first, that have blindly led the game to the mess it is now in, was badly needed to then move forward. To keep them in place would be to reward failure.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Won't hear a word against the guy, he got my Club Wembley seats reinstated after the RFL ticket bods demoted us to peasant class in the post COVID CC final 

What a guy.

I hear that's going to be top of his list of proudest moments when he gives his leaving speech.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

I hear that's going to be top of his list of proudest moments when he gives his leaving speech.

And so it should be.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The search is now on for his and her successors. I'm sure there will be no end of applicants among those critical forum members who now have a wonderful opportunity to bring their ideas to fruition. Please form an orderly queue.😀😀😀

Joking apart, though, apart from The Game Caller, who might the actual candidates be? 

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The search is now on for his and her successors. I'm sure there will be no end of applicants among those critical forum members who now have a wonderful opportunity to bring their ideas to fruition. Please form an orderly queue.😀😀😀

Joking apart, though, apart from The Game Caller, who might the actual candidates be? 

Whats Robert Elstone up to these days?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I'm not one who automatically thinks we need outsiders,  but I think this time we do need some new blood in the RFL. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not one who automatically thinks we need outsiders,  but I think this time we do need some new blood in the RFL. 

Even money says Jon Dutton.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, paulwalker71 said:

Well let's see how the World Cup pans out

Perhaps the World Cup is his de facto "job interview"

Timing works nicely, doesn't it?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's going to be difficult, I think. Yes , new blood, and yes, Richard Lewis was a proper outsider with no background in the sport, so it is possible. 

I wonder, though, without evidence it must be said, is this the start of an/the Australian take-over?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JohnM said:

That's going to be difficult, I think. Yes , new blood, and yes, Richard Lewis was a proper outsider with no background in the sport, so it is possible. 

I wonder, though, without evidence it must be said, is this the start of an/the Australian take-over?  

I'm not sure how difficult it would be.  I see no reason why CEO of the RFL would not be a desirable job.  It may not attract the top level calibre of exec,  but that is probably dependant on what we are prepared to pay.