Rimmer is off

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Whoever comes next must be results paid with the task of taking the business forward. The days of the clerk have gone - real leadership needed

IMG and RL Commercial are taking over that aspect. The RFL will focus on the sport on the field and development/community work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnM said:

I don't see it as an easy job to persuade Eamonn McManus, Gary Hetherington, Ian Lenagan, etc, strong and successful people in their business lives, to sign up to giving the CEO the powers some are suggesting. Isn't it the case that the CEO has to execute the decisions of the Board of Directors? Whatever the RFL CEO  decides to do,  the SL owners will have to buy into. Is there anyone around who can square the circle in be that way...unless it's someone from ARL/NRL?

IMG will decide

Hetherington needs to be out out to pasture

Just now, Gordon Street said:

is that his job?

Us fans like to be informed as to what the RFL are doing to benefit our game, so he should have been giving some updates, How long since Rimmer gave us an update?

Rimmer to me seemed happy to take his money, but did very little to justify his wages.

He became the invisible man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Us fans like to be informed as to what the RFL are doing to benefit our game, so he should have been giving some updates, How long since Rimmer gave us an update?

Rimmer to me seemed happy to take his money, but did very little to justify his wages.

He became the invisible man

yes I know. That's why the RFL has a media department. They issue stories regularly and frequently. 

Edited by Gordon Street

On the topic of CEOs....it just struck.me I couldn't name anyone?

Football, union, tennis, cricket, F1.....even with all this palava about Saudis and Golf, I couldn't name the people running the PGA!

Rimmer did seem to be out of his depth, but as other have said, IMG are now steering the revenue bus. What the new CEO will need to do is make sure all the kids remain in their seats😜

32 minutes ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

On the topic of CEOs....it just struck.me I couldn't name anyone?

Football, union, tennis, cricket, F1.....even with all this palava about Saudis and Golf, I couldn't name the people running the PGA!

Rimmer did seem to be out of his depth, but as other have said, IMG are now steering the revenue bus. What the new CEO will need to do is make sure all the kids remain in their seats😜

Cricket doesn't have one right now.

And with a bit of googling you could find out just exactly how badly he drained their reserves but still walked away with bonuses that dwarf any salary that Rimmer has drawn.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Anyone wanting an aussie must be mad, they would get rid of P&R , maybe degrade the challenge cup and not take the international game seriously 

...and those are all things we've demonstrated we can do without Australian help in the last 20 years 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

...and those are all things we've demonstrated we can do without Australian help in the last 20 years 😆

Indeed but let's not go down that path anymore.

It needs someone with vision and a plan for growth. Usually growth is expansion to new areas as well as maximising what you already have.

• Like 1