Sheffield (A)

Wakefield Ram

23 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The fat lady has finished singing. We've been playing a lot better but losing the last two when Sykes was binned or sent off.

Who knows with two teams with nothing to play for and a few allegedly leaving Sheffield.

How many allegedly leaving the Rams?

Still pride (and winning pay) to play for with both teams with Sheffield having improved their performances considerably recently, largely due to spending most of their games with 13 men on the pitch. A valedictory loss, I fear.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

How many allegedly leaving the Rams?

Still pride (and winning pay) to play for with both teams with Sheffield having improved their performances considerably recently, largely due to spending most of their games with 13 men on the pitch. A valedictory loss, I fear.

As we are being relegated, you'd expect players to leave. Sheffield aren't being relegated so less reason to leave. 

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As we are being relegated, you'd expect players to leave. Sheffield aren't being relegated so less reason to leave. 

It's Sheffield. That's usually reason enough.

• Like 5

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Rugby League will pay its respects to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II throughout the period of national mourning.

There will be no fixtures in England on Friday September 9 – this means the Betfred Championship fixture between Sheffield Eagles and Dewsbury Rams will be postponed, with a new date to be confirmed as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Now confirmed to be played on Wednesday 14th at 7.30pm, possibly in front of their lowest gate this season.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Much as I would like to see us gain our second double of the season, I fear we will not manage that victory.

Sheffield 36-16 Dewsbury 

FTS: Turner

MoM: Ferguson

Att: 753 

Optimism required!!  Sheffield without Thacks ... like a car without a steering wheel!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I thought he and Thackeray were suspended and therefore unable to play. 

Me too! Pointless game

Yes it'll finish 0 - 0

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

16 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

28-12 now 

28-18 and Sheffield down to 12 for the last ten, the comeback is on.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..