Thorman gone

anok4u

Personally think it's the right decision and hope he takes his small forwards with him.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 minutes ago, UTT11 said:

Me personally  sad to see him go you can only do so much when you don't have the backing (cash) it's 1 step forward 5 back 🙈🙈🙈

Agree totally really sad to see him go the club need money people involved or the club ain't going anywhere. 

• Like 3

He did some very odd things this year and I've never been less interested as I have the second half of this season. I was reminded of past seasons when we've been so predictable, it must've been boring for the players too. Clean slate yet again and get rid of all the travellers, who you replace them with is not my job thankfully!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Agree totally really sad to see him go the club need money people involved or the club ain't going anywhere. 

100% can only fu@# with the co@% you've got we knew at the start of the season we were going to be in trouble board and the players have to take most of the blame personally 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

He did some very odd things this year and I've never been less interested as I have the second half of this season. I was reminded of past seasons when we've been so predictable, it must've been boring for the players too. Clean slate yet again and get rid of all the travellers, who you replace them with is not my job thankfully!

Sorry but that's ###### - everyone says stick with locals [i agree to an extent ] but then says in next breathe why didn't we get Sammut back etc

You cant have it both ways

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Wont be many local  lads that will want to come and play for the club from whats happened  over the years 

Blaine zac Ry Tom pez Jackson just a few to name who seem to of got pushed out for what ever reasons...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTT11 said:

100% can only fu@# with the co@% you've got we knew at the start of the season we were going to be in trouble board and the players have to take most of the blame personally 

Agree but i dont think you can blame the players for effort?

Conor F , Stevie and Cus would all be world beaters if they were over a foot taller - but unfortunately we cant do anything about this . I think they have given a 100% and if we had had a younger fui and Olly Wilkes in front of them they would have done far better.

Malik is young and will improve - like him and hope he stays.

5 minutes ago, UTT11 said:

Wont be many local  lads that will want to come and play for the club from whats happened  over the years 

Blaine zac Ry Tom pez Jackson just a few to name who seem to of got pushed out for what ever reasons...

Thormans man managment didn't help with these lads so maybe they'll come back now he's gone. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Sorry but that's ###### - everyone says stick with locals [i agree to an extent ] but then says in next breathe why didn't we get Sammut back etc

You cant have it both ways

Where did I say either of those things? Replace them with a mix of locals and decent travellers who the new coach wants not signed by the previous coach. If Fitzy and Caine go we'll need some quality.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris for the promotion  we all enjoyed the ride and 3000 at DP.

Thanks for falling on your sword as we could not afford to sack you.

The strategy this year was wrong  perhaps you did not have the budget  we still don't know why we went wrong financially  but we might want a small quick team but you need a couple of bulldozers in the Mills, Pickering, Mon Moi mould,  quick wings and big stong centres.

We can now take stock and see who we can get to take us forward  see what we can afford  difficult when success dictates  the gates. Then see what locals we can get back  and retain to build a team over the next 2 years  if we have that time.

Marwood and Walker would be great. Can we retain Cain and Malik, Cus and Fitzy, Thomposh, Bickersdyke and Matty Henson.

Hopefully but that is up to the BOD and the new manager.

• Like 3

Correct decision? I think so. Am I sad to see him go? Yes.

Was it a mutual decision? Says he's taken an opportunity elsewhere (presumably Newcastle). Would we have kept him otherwise? 

Very talented, humble, down to earth coach who got us promoted against the odds. The last two seasons have been one of the most enjoyable followed by one of the most depressing I can remember. 

Chris has been nothing but committed and professional throughout and has always shown our club the respect it deserve. Thank you and good luck in the future

Edited by townie88
  • Like 11

Walker, Blaine combination would be nice to see, Haven wanting Cus I'm told , Fitzy going York confirmed from a player yesterday , Caine rumoured to be going back to Seaton but that might have changed now , will Jonty keep his job at haven wasn't long ago they wanted him out , if he goes I would give him a shot at town , Charlo no thanks a haven player told me he has no game plan.

As for Chris I wish him well, we had a great ride last year, where all funds have gone is baffling he had very little to play with and can't be blamed for everything, hearing he's Newcastle bound so good luck if true. UTT

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

You have to Keep Cus, Caine & Henson to build a team round. I don’t think Town are far away from being ok, just got get lads in and keep them in, easier said than done though.

Don't worry marra, one day haven will have their own fan forum you can play out on.

Good luck next season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Don't worry marra, one day haven will have their own fan forum you can play out on.

Good luck next season.

Talks more sense than a lot of others, knows the game and gives a different take on things than what us Townies might see. 

More than welcome to carry on 👍

• Like 2

Good Luck to the guy at Newcastle, but I don’t get the ‘love in’ with him on this forum and especially Twitter !

we have been bloody awful all season, one dimensional one up rugby with a lightweight pack.

every fan on this forum pinpointed weaknesses within the squad before a ball was kicked, so why didn’t the coach see it !

a good coach would have played to what little strengths we had to offer, but he didn’t, he’s played lads out of position all season, brought in players which were no better than were already here, p`ssed off loads of local players who subsequently left, will have had the final word on all players and their level of contracts signed ……and ‘was he’ supposed to do community work as part of his full time contract, because if he has I haven’t seen anything on social media !!

….so no, I’m not sorry he’s gone but I do wish him well !

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 3

I notice on the club statement it says he's accepted another offer from a club, will this include a fee or anything as wasnt he on a long term contract? Hopefully town get in the right coach now, who that is I'm not sure, Jonty will be at Haven, Charlo isn't the person to re-build.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Good Luck to the guy at Newcastle, but I don’t get the ‘love in’ with him on this forum and especially Twitter !

we have been bloody awful all season, one dimensional one up rugby with a lightweight pack.

every fan on this forum pinpointed weaknesses within the squad before a ball was kicked, so why didn’t the coach see it !

a good coach would have played to what little strengths we had to offer, but he didn’t, he’s played lads out of position all season, brought in players which were no better than were already here, ###### off loads of local players who subsequently left, will have had the final say on all players signed ……and ‘was he’ supposed to do community work as part of his full time contract, because if he has I haven’t seen anything on social media !!

….so no, I’m not sorry he’s gone but I do wish him well !

100% he was a nice guy but there was a reason we finished bottom, never scored points in 3 home games,no defence near the line, no plan b when plan a wasn't working,players leaving and lastly Sunday a coach who couldn't get his team fired up for a local derby..  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I notice on the club statement it says he's accepted another offer from a club, will this include a fee or anything as wasnt he on a long term contract? Hopefully town get in the right coach now, who that is I'm not sure, Jonty will be at Haven, Charlo isn't the person to re-build.

Like to think so but maybe same as players, he took a paycut so contract probably null and void.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally think it is a very good move I think we have played the worst rugby this club have played for alot off years yeah we gained promotion but last year league 1 was half the league it was this year 

Personally think the right man for the job off rebuilding this club left the club a couple month ago in Gary Hewer has a really good relationship with the locals coached the best amateur talents on Barla tours so alot off local lads may stay or be attracted to the club because off gary 

• Like 3