Rochdale play off game

Jackie61

Just keep Rangi Chase quiet and the game is ours. When we last played them at home, from leading 24 - 6 at half-time to losing 50-24 it was all down to a brilliant second half from him - absolute class.

Sadly, they couldn't do it then and I can't see us doing it next Sunday.

Why is the game at 1pm/ Is there a good reason?

7 hours ago, jroyales said:

Just keep Rangi Chase quiet and the game is ours. When we last played them at home, from leading 24 - 6 at half-time to losing 50-24 it was all down to a brilliant second half from him - absolute class.

Sadly, they couldn't do it then and I can't see us doing it next Sunday.

Why is the game at 1pm/ Is there a good reason?

Apparently staff availability at Rochdales end for early kick off. It is stated on oldham's website. 

Edited by Jackie61
Incorrect wording

Have to say anytime we play Rochdale I wish them nothing but defeat and by as many as possible, but as our local rivals we need each other as with money so tight at this level these games really help financially, the situation they find themselves in with the stadium company is scandalous and saddening that there small income is being limited by people who seem to want them out , we know what it's like moving from ground to ground and as much as I hope we win on Sunday I really hope Rochdale find a suitable home for next season 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, clifford said:

It just shows how you need a fair and understanding landlord. Or don't sell the family jewels for a short term gain

It might be to do with the terms of the lease which Hornets entered into. If the lease is only for part of the ground then access to more than that will require additional staff etc under the provisions of the ground safety certificate and who knows if Mr Mazey would be willing to stump up any extra cash.

Until the terms of the lease are made public we will not be able to understand the ins and outs of this stand off. And neither side seems willing to do that.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

To be fair, to both hornets and us, it wasn't short term gains. Neither of us could carry on on at dilapidated grounds. We didn't have really a choice.

I understand that the grounds were knackered but isn't that down to many years of failed investment which meant the bill for regeneration was massive.

In oldham's case the council sold the PLC a fantasy of stadium 2000.

• Like 3

It will be worse than the league match where many ended up not attending because of the cap at under 1000.Its possible that 3-500 that could be at that game won't be.

Personally I switch off to this stupidity.Being locked out of a 3 quarters empty venue.

Just as won't I know of several regulars and even more occasional supporters who won't bother attempting to get tickets.Some of the older fans don't buy online/ have printers and won't risk a wasted journey to a get physical ticket.

Even at Whitebank they cope with over a 1000.

I get that this has little to do with Hornets.

However here is some advice for those responsible.

If you choose to turn down revenue.

If you choose to prevent paying supporters attending your stadium.

You are choosing to become the next Bury FC.

Good luck

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, andykenny said:

It will be worse than the league match where many ended up not attending because of the cap at under 1000.Its possible that 3-500 that could be at that game won't be.

Personally I switch off to this stupidity.Being locked out of a 3 quarters empty venue.

Just as won't I know of several regulars and even more occasional supporters who won't bother attempting to get tickets.Some of the older fans don't buy online/ have printers and won't risk a wasted journey to a get physical ticket.

Good luck

Well said. It's a crying shame that Hornets hands are tied while a chunk of desperately needed revenue is being turned away for no good reason. It's also incredibly unfair to the supporters who want to be there and can't get tickets. 

Edited by WellWisher
  • Like 3

On 07/09/2022 at 10:36, andykenny said:

Good luck

To be fair it had everything to do with Hornets - we just needed to pay for the full stand.   The football club chairman was using twitter to announce the game to encourage more fans earlier in the week.  Fair play.  Once Mr Mazey paid for the full stand the capacity doubled.   Hope we can fill it too.  May the best side on the day and all that

Nowt to do with "may the best team . . . . ". etc.  . . . you can keep that for Saints v Wigan. This is the king cotton derby. Hornets to win......whether they are the best team or the worst team.  This is more than a game of rugby league. This is about sending the invaders back to the dark side of Royton with their tails between their legs.

Yeds have not beaten a Lancashire team all season......and we are not going to see them change that now,.......are we?

Come on Ornits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Glad to see you still have a sense of humour Anita.

Take Rangi Chase, the twitter star, out of the equation and you'd be knack...d.

Tbf they scored 24 against champions Keighley, which nobody else has done this season, without rangi and with only 14 men. Very dangerous team with threats all over the park, a bench that takes the team up a level , suspensions killed them last month or so, Rogers been class as has Sheridan both missing tmoro.  I tipped hornets to win playoffs when they won at our place, I'll have to be wrong again now 

• Like 1