Travel costs to France

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The bit people don't really seem to understand is that when you are taking a squad of 17-20 players plus coaches and support staff, you don't get the Skyscanner price for you and your mate, because almost certainly you are taking up all of the excess capacity. Just like when you take the last ticket on a plane it costs a hell of a lot more than if you bought it three months in advance.

Correct. And you can't book more than 8 passengers at once. The 2nd 8 that you book will be significantly more than the first.

Then there's the routing. Once had a punter proudly boasting about how much cheaper his trip to Majorca was doing it himself via Skyscanner, booking his own hotel etc than it was with me. He only had to change planes in Lisbon and Nice to save his £100, which he only realised when he got to the airport.🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Manchester to Beziers with Ryanair..... Thu-Sat £100 return. (Throw in a few quid extra for luggage so maybe £150 p/p)

Transfer to Perpignan is 90 minutes by road. 

Sorted.👍

And if the players pretend they're fans then Catalan Sports Tours will probably pick the team up for about £30 p/p return from the airport as well.😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

This reads like a moan to you? I guess we just interpret words differently.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/09/04/rhinos-tackle-logistical-challenge-of-french-play-off-trip/

Yes, they’re talking about minimising their losses, an needless swipe at having to pay to go to France. They shouldn’t have qualified for the play offs if they didn’t want to risk paying to travel to a match in them. 

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/09/04/rhinos-tackle-logistical-challenge-of-french-play-off-trip/

Does'nt read like a moan to me.Just a factual report of the situation.

9 minutes ago, M j M said:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Does'nt read like a moan to me.Just a factual report of the situation.

14 minutes ago, M j M said:

That reads like just one long moan from start to finish. There was no need for all the we have been put on because we were ###### this season.

All teams should expect a sudden trip to France in the playoffs (Catalans position being known), it should be no shock and no need of explanation, unless you want to moan about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I didn't read it as a moan, just a slightly forward defensive explanation of why supporters would be charged £800 to come on board. Presumably Leeds think somebody will pay it (even if not the average fan) because an empty seat will cost them more than someone paying what you or I might think was an affordable rate.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I didn't read it as a moan, just a slightly forward defensive explanation of why supporters would be charged £800 to come on board. Presumably Leeds think somebody will pay it (even if not the average fan) because an empty seat will cost them more than someone paying what you or I might think was an affordable rate.

Just put the seats up for auction and get what you can and don't moan about it.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

£800 to fly with the Leeds team? They have to pay me ten times that to fly with them.😀😀😀😀

Still, its £800 for what promises to be great hospitality event.  It's not compulsory to go, but If you want to join in, you have to buy the ticket.  

• Like 2

Just now, Padge said:

Just put the seats up for auction and get what you can and don't moan about it.

You appear to have confused me with a member of the Leeds commercial team, I don't have anything to worry about when it comes to playoff tickets.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I've just emailed this thread over to Leeds Rhinos operations team, because they're clearly missing a trick and never heard of Skyscanner. I also suggested they're useless at their job as at least 3 people on here have cheaper/easier solutions. 

Oh just got a reply actually. It reads...

"Lol" 

"Shop now for 50% off our latest training range" 

*Ends* 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

£800 to fly with the Leeds team? They have to pay me ten times that to fly with them.😀😀😀😀

Still, its £800 for what promises to be great hospitality event.  It's not compulsory to go, but If you want to join in, you have to buy the ticket.  

Thinking a bit more on the £800, players often say the trip back after a big win is something they remember. Now it's not that likely Leeds are going to win Friday but being on the plane with them if they do will be a pretty special experience that a lot of fans would love to have. But it's inevitably an expensive business.

• Like 3

Hi

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

You appear to have confused me with a member of the Leeds commercial team, I don't have anything to worry about when it comes to playoff tickets.

You seem to think my post was telling you to do it. Have you had a fall.

2 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Manchester to Beziers with Ryanair..... Thu-Sat £100 return. (Throw in a few quid extra for luggage so maybe £150 p/p)

Transfer to Perpignan is 90 minutes by road. 

Sorted.👍

How do you think that would impact their preparation?

10 minutes ago, V02 said:

How do you think that would impact their preparation?

Well they'd be flying 5pm Thursday and returning similar time on the Saturday so surely not that disruptive is it? How far in advance do players normally travel to Toulouse/Perpignan?

TBH I can't say that I'm aware of how privately chartered flights work but a 2 hour flight, with 90 minute transfer the day before a game surely isn't that much to recover from is it? 

I'm sure being £50k cheaper than a chartered flight might also be a bit of a bonus.🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Well they'd be flying 5pm Thursday and returning similar time on the Saturday so surely not that disruptive is it? How far in advance do players normally travel to Toulouse/Perpignan?

TBH I can't say that I'm aware of how privately chartered flights work but a 2 hour flight, with 90 minute transfer the day before a game surely isn't that much to recover from is it? 

I'm sure being £50k cheaper than a chartered flight might also be a bit of a bonus.🤷‍♂️

Would mean they'll likely lose the day of training Thursday. Changed routines rather it just being matchdays in and out flights like it usually is.

Would also mean Saturday is impacted in terms of review and recovery, meaning their schedule for their next week is impacted (if they win). Likely cost of this is sub-optimal review/preview/recovery and maybe even one fewer training session for the subsequent match.

Isn't it only £50k cheaper if they don't sell many of the seats they're hoping to?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Budget sport is budget

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)