Travel costs to France

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Am I right in saying that SL playoffs are central (SLE) events? I thought the income from these games was pooled. If so, surely we manage this through pooling costs and income for the whole playoff series?

Because this shouldn't even be a public discussion in playoff week, and we certainly shouldn't have the farcical situation where it is openly discussed that Salford threw a game so that they wouldn't have to pay to go to France.

As I put , it seemed strange to me to see a published ' cost ' 

Good morning fellow plane spotters.

Leeds today are flying on UR-PSL, a 737-900 (technically a 737-94X Extended Range being originally built to the order of Sky Airlines in Turkey in 2009). 

As you'll have spotted the UR in the reg indicates a Ukrainian plane and yes this is one of the few active planes of Ukraine International Airlines and has been chartered out for use mostly across Eastern Europe this summer. It arrived at LBA this morning from Katowice in Poland and left for Perpignan at 1037 UK time.

The plane is a lot larger than Leeds usually use (they've been on a 50 seat Air Nostrum CRJ-200ER for earlier games).

My mole on board tells me the crew are all Ukrainian and... the flight is full! Leeds team and management plus the UK based match officials, the Sky team including Jenna and Terry and then balanced out by Leeds fans.

Now this plane can carry 200+ people. Knock off say 40 max for Leeds staff and other officials and that's at least 160 paying.

160 x £800 = £128,000. Even allowing for deducting air passenger duty or similar it stacks up well against that apparently very upsetting cost of £100k...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Good morning fellow plane spotters.

Leeds today are flying on UR-PSL, a 737-900 (technically a 737-94X Extended Range being originally built to the order of Sky Airlines in Turkey in 2009). 

As you'll have spotted the UR in the reg indicates a Ukrainian plane and yes this is one of the few active planes of Ukraine International Airlines and has been chartered out for use mostly across Eastern Europe this summer. It arrived at LBA this morning from Katowice in Poland and left for Perpignan at 1037 UK time.

The plane is a lot larger than Leeds usually use (they've been on a 50 seat Air Nostrum CRJ-200ER for earlier games).

My mole on board tells me the crew are all Ukrainian and... the flight is full! Leeds team and management plus the UK based match officials, the Sky team including Jenna and Terry and then balanced out by Leeds fans.

Now this plane can carry 200+ people. Knock off say 40 max for Leeds staff and other officials and that's at least 160 paying.

160 x £800 = £128,000. Even allowing for deducting air passenger duty or similar it stacks up well against that apparently very upsetting cost of £100k...

So, just to ensure complete and total impartiality, the match officials and commentators are travelling on a privately chartered Leeds flight?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So, just to ensure complete and total impartiality, the match officials and commentators are travelling on a privately chartered Leeds flight?

Have they taken them hostage in defiance to the MRP's apparent hatred toward their club?

At least if they lose they can blame the officials for being too partial.

So it's true, some clubs DO pay the officials 

Hope M.Guasch doesn't find out, it could be carnage if they lose !

Edited by daz39

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes it's pretty standard practice when a club charters a plane.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yes it's pretty standard practice when a club charters a plane.

I know. Just making a little light amusement out of it.

But does show again that these charters are a lot more than just bunging the players and their bags on a flight.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Have they taken them hostage in defiance to the MRP's apparent hatred toward their club?

The MRP and the referees are not the same and certainly don't have the same views on some recent incidents.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

During the dreaded ' ash cloud from Iceland ' weeks Leigh had to travel by coach to France to fulfill a Challenge Cup match , the locals were not happy to see the match officials disembarking from the coach after 20 odd hours of travel with the away team 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

At least if they lose they can blame the officials for being too partial.

So it's true, some clubs DO pay the officials 

Hope M.Guasch doesn't find out, it could be carnage if they lose !

I will see Bernard in around 3 hours he will be ready with the gloves on LOL:)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

During the dreaded ' ash cloud from Iceland ' weeks Leigh had to travel by coach to France to fulfill a Challenge Cup match , the locals were not happy to see the match officials disembarking from the coach after 20 odd hours of travel with the away team 😉

I doubt the officials were that happy. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Presumably Gary H will make a decision around 11pm local time as to whether the match officials are coming back on the same plane.

• Haha 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

No football, no rugby union, no racing. Looking forward to double-page spreads on this game in all this week's Sunday papers.

Rugby union is being played, it’s just tonight’s games that aren’t happening. Think racing is back on Sunday. Of course the Sunday papers won’t be reporting any sport at all as a mark of respect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Rugby union is being played, it’s just tonight’s games that aren’t happening. Think racing is back on Sunday. Of course the Sunday papers won’t be reporting any sport at all as a mark of respect

Hopefully nobody reports on tonight's match 🙄