Battle for 4th away at Leigh

Batley Bob

This is shaping up to be a dummy run of the final in a couple of weeks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

York can't catch us even if they win and we lose unless they can win by over 200 points so they're 6th fixed. We nor Barrow can catch Halifax so don't be getting ideas of playing York! If we want a home fixture we need a big day of Broncos. Playing at home won't do us any favours financially though due to a smallish travelling support and paying out if we win nor will travelling to Barrow with transport costs and again paying out if we win. There's absolutely nothing in it for us either way.

How do you mean smallish travelling fans, if I remember they brought 2 coach loads down and a mini bus plus cars, that's more than we take up there.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BirstallDog said:

I cannot see us getting much at Leigh on Sunday. Barrow have got a "tough one" at London..If we both lose it could be York at home?

You won’t get anything at Leigh,can’t see it anyway. As for the rest you are capable of beating any of them as you’ve proven this season. Just hope you don’t pick up any injuries this weekend good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phildog said:

York can't catch us even if they win and we lose unless they can win by over 200 points so they're 6th fixed. We nor Barrow can catch Halifax so don't be getting ideas of playing York! If we want a home fixture we need a big day of Broncos. Playing at home won't do us any favours financially though due to a smallish travelling support and paying out if we win nor will travelling to Barrow with transport costs and again paying out if we win. There's absolutely nothing in it for us either way.

If London beat Barrow you will be playing York. 😐

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

If London beat Barrow you will be playing York. 😐

Because Barrow will be sixth and York fifth, but I can't see it tbh. Is it not a shared gate? Seems a little unfair on the away teams finishing 5th & 6th!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

19 hours ago, phildog said:

York can't catch us even if they win and we lose unless they can win by over 200 points so they're 6th fixed. We nor Barrow can catch Halifax so don't be getting ideas of playing York! If we want a home fixture, we need a big day of Broncos.

If Barrow lose and York win, York leapfrog Barrow into 5th.

it would be Batley v York

Image60000.jpg

• Like 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Rugby League will pay its respects to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II throughout the period of national mourning.

There will be no fixtures in England on Friday September 9 – this means the Betfred Championship fixture between Sheffield Eagles and Dewsbury Rams will be postponed,

Further announcements will be made about the weekend fixtures at all levels, following further meetings on Friday morning.

I reckon that you have a chance of delivering an upset in this one. Leigh cruising/showboating against a determined Batley - worth a bet for the gamblers.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I reckon that you have a chance of delivering an upset in this one. Leigh cruising/showboating against a determined Batley - worth a bet for the gamblers.

Nah, I think only one winner in this one and that's Leigh. Hopefully we don't take any knocks.

Maybe resting in the positions we have cover PD, or perhaps knocks as you suggest PD. Either way I'm sure Leigh want to finish their season on a high and push us hard to prevent another big win

• Haha 1

A very tough ask for our part time  boys today,but if you go with the attitude the games already lost that's half the job done for leigh, you have to believe your in with a chance no matter who your playing! Anyway good luck today boys, il be listening in hoping for the best🤞 I just hope this game doesn't take too much out of you for the playoffs! 

On 10/09/2022 at 13:35, Piggy's mate said:

Nah, I think only one winner in this one and that's Leigh. Hopefully we don't take any knocks.

Looks like you are correct. One more game to come this season, maybe?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.