Battle for 4th away at Leigh

Batley Bob

In essence, with a Super League ready team on the field on their own ground, Leigh only scored 6 more points than they did beating us at home. Wouldn't call that a rout Rog considering their results against a couple of others!! If we put in a Bradford performance no reason why we shouldn't beat Barrow.

5 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No, but however you dress it up it's still a rout, even at home it was only 50 points to nil.

Looking at who they had on their bench I’d of laughed if we’d of signed that player 

3 year ago our centre senior was playing ncl division 3 meanwhile I watched Josh charnley lift the challenge cup for Warrington today they faced each other… No offence to us we shouldn’t be in the play offs but we are due to hard work and effort not money 

• Like 4

Leigh are the best team in the league..by far...due to finances...and good luck to them.

I remember when we put over 70 points past Leigh at MP, and beat them at Hilton Park in the play offs..twice.

In my opinion, we have, and still are over achieving with a team and coaching staff that have done us all proud this season.

If you can get up to Barrow next weekend and support our club..do so, win or lose, the lads will not let us down, and will always give us 100%.commitment.

Rout??

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BirstallDog said:

Leigh are the best team in the league..by far...due to finances...and good luck to them.

I remember when we put over 70 points past Leigh at MP, and beat them at Hilton Park in the play offs..twice.

In my opinion, we have, and still are over achieving with a team and coaching staff that have done us all proud this season.

If you can get up to Barrow next weekend and support our club..do so, win or lose, the lads will not let us down, and will always give us 100%.commitment.

Rout??

Let's hope both fixtures are Sunday afternoon considering the passing of our Queen. Gives us a fighting chance selection wise due to some of our players holding professional jobs away from the rugby field. Don't let Premier Sports dictate to us.

0-52 at The Mount, that's a rout I'd agree, they have strengthened since then, Ferguson, Lam etc, we've gone to them today on their ground, their 1000's of screaming fans on our backs yet if we balance out the 6 we scored that only leaves us on a 58 deficit with all the above against us when we could have conceded a lot more like York etc. Don't suppose losing 64-6 can be described as a happy day out but this small band of part-time, hard-working blokes turn-up 3 times a week, at least 3 of them having 2 hours and more travelling time after work and before supper, not seeing their kids to come and lead the Batley family and try to live up to the fans' expectations, all for next to no financial gain at the side of many of their opponents. Even I, a big thorn in the side often, 100% appreciate these guys and the work a small board put in 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

That'll agree with, that's why there should be a salary cap in all divisions, let's see if they get promoted if the RFL change rules again.

But you have also taken 3 points off Featherstone this season, who beat us (Leigh) quite easily at the start of the season. We nearly lost at Bradford in the challenge cup and Barrow in the league, anything can happen on game day can't it ?

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

anything can happen on game day can't it ?

Exactly. That's why we turn-up because in sport, there is always a chance

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

After listening to the totally one sided biased radio commentary on the game yesterday and now seeing the highlights, I thought that we looked out of sorts yesterday not sure if we just took it for granted that the game was lost before we started but after seeing the tries scored against us I think that maybe 4 or 5 were really soft and should have been stopped,  my only hope is that the game didn't take too much out of us for next week! Although saying that does either team want to win knowing their on a hiding to nothing live on TV the week after? Although saying that if york beat fax and we beat barrow could be interesting,especially for fev😬

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RogerT said:

That'll agree with, that's why there should be a salary cap in all divisions, let's see if they get promoted if the RFL change rules again.

Mornin Rog, there is a salary cap and you have chosen not to spend to it, as most others have.

the challenge facing this division is do you fall into 1) Building a SL squad to gain promotion and stay up 2) spending within restrictive budgets to to income reality with the purpose of mid table  3) Stretching budgets to stay up 4) doing anything to avoid relegation

You cannot expect a club willing and able to fund ambition being dragged back which is what we have in SL as the bottom clubs have known the promoted club is disadvantaged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, clogdance said:

But you have also taken 3 points off Featherstone this season, who beat us (Leigh) quite easily at the start of the season. We nearly lost at Bradford in the challenge cup and Barrow in the league, anything can happen on game day can't it ?

We didn't take 3 points off Fev , they took 1 off us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5