Fri 9th Sept: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/22 at 19:00

50/50 for me this one. Catalans not impregnable at home this season and Leeds have already done them once at the SGB.

Looking ahead, who would Salford/Hudds/Saints rather play in the GF and which of Leeds/Cats would have the best chance of turning Wigan over in the semi? Tough call. I think Leeds would be a tougher game for Wigan but Cats potentially a better GF opponent.

Edited by SalfordSlim

Not sure if Leeds performance last week was down to energy or nerves but it wouldn’t fill me with confidence going in to an away game in France. I think Catalans will raise their level now the play offs are here.

Catalans by 12. 

• Like 1

Harry Newman in the squad, not sure he’ll play but he’s very close to a comeback which is good news for England.

I hope he’s not rushed back too soon and pulls his hamstring again. They’re not injuries you can cut any corners with returning from 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Harry Newman in the squad, not sure he’ll play but he’s very close to a comeback which is good news for England.

I hope he’s not rushed back too soon and pulls his hamstring again. They’re not injuries you can cut any corners with returning from 

Smith says he won’t play unless he’s 100%

41 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Smith says he won’t play unless he’s 100%

That’s fine saying that but with muscle type injuries, you never really know until you fully test it in a match environment. Given his recent hamstring injuries, I would hope Leeds err on the side of caution 

• ckn pinned this topic
12 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Tough one to call this. Leeds KNOW how to win these sorts of games and if they can get their noses in front early, the crowd will get on Catalans backs. 

Let's hope for a cracking game and hope for the sake of EVERYONE that is doesn't come down to Leeds missed kicks at goal.

Catalans by 10

Er, not quite EVERYONE, LBIB.  I don't mind if Les Dracs win due to missed Leeds kicks!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, barnyia said:

If Catalan lose it'll be the refs fault, looking like a sell out,

Catalan to win by 10 and Super League bosses will start panicking incase Catalan make another final!!! 

Strangely enough whilst Hudds v Catalans is probably the "nightmare" final from ticket perspective, it's actually the one I would be most likely to buy a ticket for as a neutral (or three from Hudds, Cats,, Salford anyway).

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Strangely enough whilst Hudds v Catalans is probably the "nightmare" final from ticket perspective, it's actually the one I would be most likely to buy a ticket for as a neutral (or three from Hudds, Cats,, Salford anyway).

I get that to an extent and I'd like to see a new name on the trophy as most non S/W/L fans would 

Having been to both Wembley and OT for the Catalan finals I hope they don't make a final again I'm afraid. 

God bless the French fans who did make it ( maybe a 1000) but both games atmosphere was way short of all the dozens I've seen before  

Not anti expansion or the French but I hope they don't make the big finals again ....play offs okay to keep them going but not damp squib finals 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Afraid SS you and any others who think this will even be competitive are deluded 

This is now a non event. If Leeds can keep the loss under 2 it'll be a Herculean effort 

So a 1 or 2 point defeat is a great effort but a 3+ point defeat isn't? Jeez.... not much leeway there fella!😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I get that to an extent and I'd like to see a new name on the trophy as most non S/W/L fans would 

Having been to both Wembley and OT for the Catalan finals I hope they don't make a final again I'm afraid. 

God bless the French fans who did make it ( maybe a 1000) but both games atmosphere was way short of all the dozens I've seen before  

Not anti expansion or the French but I hope they don't make the big finals again ....play offs okay to keep them going but not damp squib finals 

So why don't we just save time and money by deciding in January which 2 sets of fans should be going to Old Trafford, hire the stadium for February and give the trophy to the ones who take more, Sky could have a split screen with a real time turnstile camera and counter for the added excitement, therefore allowing much needed internationals to take place from February to October.

Imagine a sport where we play 27+ games only to realise that they shouldn't really matter as one or 2 of the teams who qualify for the final may not take as many supporters as is deemed acceptable!!!

also - "not anti-expansion or French" but hopes they don't get to another final? Nope, not at all !!

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, daz39 said:

So why don't we just save time and money by deciding in January....

It's a specifically French team issue. As I say at both finals I went to they brought maybe 1000 fans....simply not enough to create the atmosphere of other finals I've seen 

For the record I think any other SL team does not bring the same problem ....they would all would bring 10,000 ish minimum ( as Salford or Huddy have in past).....that is more than enough 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's a specifically French team issue. As I say at both finals I went to they brought maybe 1000 fans....simply not enough to create the atmosphere of other finals I've seen 

For the record I think any other SL team does not bring the same problem ....they would all would bring 10,000 ish minimum ( as Salford or Huddy have in past).....that is more than enough 

So what, did their team not deserve to be there due to what they did on the field?

Finalists are there because of the players not the fans, don't be so 'anti-french'