Fri 9th Sept: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/22 at 19:00

12 minutes ago, daz39 said:

So what, did their team not deserve to be there due to what they did on the field?

Finalists are there because of the players not the fans, don't be so 'anti-french'

You'll agree our flagship events are vital to the sport we love right? 

Trust me both Catalan finals were not as good in real life as the dozens of others I've been too ( including finals with Hull KR, Cas, Huddy and Salford)

The empty seats and flat atmosphere also came through loud and clear on telly when I watched them back too 

Maybe I'm a bit more anti- French teams that I realised but yes I hope they don't get to a final again ....I want our sport to look box office and attractive to new fans on BBC and SKY for our two biggest games....I guess I love RL more than Catalan 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Maybe if you watched the game on the field you might have enjoyed your experience as much as those french teams fans!

I did watch the game and enjoyed it. But like a lot of us I fear we don't have enough fans to keep it going as it is ....therefore like lots of others I fret about how we can get more fans / people interested 

Well this is where the season ends for the Rhinos. If you had said we would be in the play offs after Rd6 I would be amazed. A combination of injuries and very stupid suspensions haven't helped. Catalans by 10 and good luck to the rest of the teams battling it out, may the best team win (no controversial decisions).

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

Can't wait to see what the Whinos whine about this week if they lose, maybe the EU air wasn't in their favour or the planes flightpath was not the one they expected to take or something equally as daft.

If you don't like listening to people moaning put your ear plugs in when chief moaner Watson starts talking.

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

Cancelling sport if a 96 year old dies? 

Minute's silence and a black armband on, play the national anthem and crack on.

Not just any 96yr old.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not just any 96yr old.

Well obviously.  My point is that this is not an out of the blue tragedy befalling somebody, it is an inevitable and well understood event that the Queen has sadly died in her old age of natural causes.

I am not trying to be disrespectful - I have already and will continue to pay my respects and should have chosen my words better / more clearly.  I'm also allowed to have a view on what I see as appropriate and proportionate in terms of that respect in the circumstances.

Minute's silence and national anthem at all sporting events makes sense and is a way for people to get on with their lives whilst paying respect together.

Quite why people think things like deferring racing for a day is somehow respectful is beyond me.   How arbitrary do random "respectful" actions need to get before you are allowed to say hang on, this doesn't actually make sense or are we all just blindly trying to "out-respect" each other?  Is it not possible to be respectful without stopping aspects of people's lives (only the enjoyable ones mind, nobody is telling me I can't go to work, just that I can't watch football etc - which by the way, is work for some people).

Anyway, maybe I'm the wrong side of the fence on this one.

• Like 4

On 08/09/2022 at 13:56, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You'll agree our flagship events are vital to the sport we love right? 

Trust me both Catalan finals were not as good in real life as the dozens of others I've been too ( including finals with Hull KR, Cas, Huddy and Salford)

The empty seats and flat atmosphere also came through loud and clear on telly when I watched them back too 

Maybe I'm a bit more anti- French teams that I realised but yes I hope they don't get to a final again ....I want our sport to look box office and attractive to new fans on BBC and SKY for our two biggest games....I guess I love RL more than Catalan 

But its been said on here time after time that Catalans and Toulouse bring a lot to the game ,so they should be able get to the finals or what's the point them being in the game ?