Sat 10th Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/22 at 12:00

Bloody Salford, our bogey team in our 1st play-off game for 7 years!!!!

Saying that only Saints have beat us at home this season and we are pretty resiliant BUT they gave us a bit of a schooling at their place t'other week so we cannot let that happen again, easier said than done though the way they play.

I would imagine that that will be the thing Watto will be ramming home to the boys this week.

Salford are bringing a few so hopefully it will be a cracking atmosphere and a cheering Giants crowd at the end.

If we lose i hope Salford go all the way and break the monopoly, about time someone did!!

• Like 3

Away win!!! It was 3rd time lucky beating the Giants at the AJ Bell 3 weeks ago after a drubbing at the JSS in early season and a Magic Weekend defeat in July. Hudds deservedly finished 3rd due to their consistency but Salford have generally been on fire for the past 6/7 weeks. 

Just praying we can keep riding that wave.... there's genuine belief that if we can get past Hudds then we've got a real live shot at taking Saints down in the semi as well.🤞

• Thanks 1

Just now, SalfordSlim said:

Away win!!! It was 3rd time lucky beating the Giants at the AJ Bell 3 weeks ago after a drubbing at the JSS in early season and a Magic Weekend defeat in July. Hudds deservedly finished 3rd due to their consistency but Salford have generally been on fire for the past 6/7 weeks. 

Just praying we can keep riding that wave.... there's genuine belief that if we can get past Hudds then we've got a real live shot at taking Saints down in the semi as well.🤞

You're right to be confident.

I think all the sides left with the exception of Leeds (sorry Leeds fans) could potentially win the GF and I think Wigan, Saints or Salford are most likely.

Just now, FearTheVee said:

I think all the sides left with the exception of Leeds (sorry Leeds fans) could potentially win the GF and I think Wigan, Saints or Salford are most likely.

"Genuine belief" and confidence are 2 totally different things!😁 Not sure a Salford fan has ever been confident of anything except our annual defeat away at Headingley or the TWS!😂

4 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Wigan for me played some good Rugby 🏉 this season and they have it some form.

All the pressure is on Huddersfield.

Home advantage, the massive investment by Davy in the squad and the reputation of Watson as the miracle man.

Absolute no pressure on Salford.

The Reds were tipped to be relegation bound, so to be here is a victory. Everything is a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Amount of money spent on each of the two teams Daz

Why how much have each spent?

Half of ours didn't cost a thing cos they came through our Academy, lots of the others were picked up from other clubs cheaply as they weren't wanted - more Asda smart price than Harrods but i'm sure you will enlighten me where the expensive team you think we've assembled come from and indeed, where they are?

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Why how much have each spent?

Half of ours didn't cost a thing cos they came through our Academy, lots of the others were picked up from other clubs cheaply as they weren't wanted - more Asda smart price than Harrods but i'm sure you will enlighten me where the expensive team you think we've assembled come from and indeed, where they are?

I think it's more about the salaries Daz. Let's just take Tui and Yates for starters.... how much of a.pay rise do you think each of them got when Watson poached them from Salford (along with attempts to take others as well)?

I'm sure not even the most blinkered Hudds fan will argue that they joined Hudds for the crowds & club history etc.😁 (as happened with Salford in the Koukash era TBF)

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

All the pressure is on Huddersfield.

Home advantage, the massive investment by Davy in the squad and the reputation of Watson as the miracle man.

Absolute no pressure on Salford.

The Reds were tipped to be relegation bound, so to be here is a victory. Everything is a bonus.

Huddersfield were also tipped to struggle, so not sure I agree with that.

We have exceeded our own wildest dreams this season so not sure why Salford get a free hit and Huddersfield don't.

Both sides have proved everyone wrong, both sides are where they deserve to be on merit, Salford are the form team and beat us a few weeks ago so not sure why there is absolutely no pressure on Salford?

As for Davy's massive investment in the team? Go on...

6 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I think it's more about the salaries Daz. Let's just take Tui and Yates for starters.... how much of a.pay rise do you think each of them got when Watson poached them from Salford (along with attempts to take others as well)?

I'm sure not even the most blinkered Hudds fan will argue that they joined Hudds for the crowds & club history etc.😁 (as happened with Salford in the Koukash era TBF)

Maybe the thought their careers would be better off under Ian Watson at Huddersfield?

As for poaching, aren't players allowed to legally sign for other clubs?

9 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Well they have left a club with lesser crowds and even lesser of a history to join us so who knows, just as no-one knows how much those 2 players are on, they certainly don't give the club a 'big spenders' tag.