Sat 10th Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/22 at 12:00

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

How do you know he was cheating on her ? Did she tell you.

If it was a male presenter in similar situation I'm confident their would not be any such comment nor the one above regarding Jenner...

Edited by redjonn

22 minutes ago, Balmain1969 said:

In Aus we got nothing, was meant to be on after the NRL finals on Fox League but they showed replays of the NRL finals instead 

According to the TV listings it should be on Fox League 502 right now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Ant said:

Still not sure why Hull let him go

He got a great offer to go back to Salford. It would have been stupid and pointless to stand in his way.

Pleased it's worked out so well for him.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

If we are witnessing the standard of play within the last couple of games in the championships, the public might as well keep their money in their pockets and save it for next season. What a scruffy third rate display of rugby for all the world to witness.

Who's this joker?😂 Bore off.

5 minutes ago, Balmain1969 said:

Was meant to start over an hour ago, still showing highlights of NRL Finals

Maybe there's some technical difficulty. They definitely said it was going to be delayed coverage, due to the Sharks/Cowboys game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Ever since Paul Rowley went as Watson's assistant, 3 years I think that Watson was in the job and they trudged along before Rowley.

Watson was there for 4 years before Rowley went there and they played good rugby then too. Rowley's teams do play attractive Rugby too though, when they cut out the grubby stuff that we saw at time at Toronto and Leigh. That may have been the players too as Salford aren't like that.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Still not sure why Hull let him go

Because we had a real quality half to replace him...

Salford offered him a 3 year deal and Hull didn't, that's about the size of it.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Harrodsfield with Watson are one dimensional. 

Whilst King, Blease and not least, Paul Rowley have raised the bar in what can be achieved by promoting the ball with confidence and running a club on a shoestring.

I feel a big change has been made in the way The Greatest Game is played and my beloved Salford are miles ahead of the rest.

• Like 2

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

3 minutes ago, Pete Grady said:

Harrodsfield with Watson are one dimensional. 

Whilst King, Blease and not least, Paul Rowley have raised the bar in what can be achieved by promoting the ball with confidence and running a club on a shoestring.

I feel a big change has been made in the way The Greatest Game is played and my beloved Salford are miles ahead of the rest.

Well let's hope you're proved right by winning the  GF be nice to see Salford win it.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Watson was there for 4 years before Rowley went there and they played good rugby then too. Rowley's teams do play attractive Rugby too though, when they cut out the grubby stuff that we saw at time at Toronto and Leigh. That may have been the players too as Salford aren't like that.

Have you listened to any of the guest commentators in recent weeks when it's Huddersfield being screened, they are all saying the same thing that the Giants are very predictable and that can only be Watson's influence, they have no where to go to when things are not going their way no plan B so to speak, and I think that is very evident as their recent results have shown, other coaches have found them out.

But back to Paul Rowley, this present team of his are playing with the same aplomb as Leigh did under him on attack, I once said and still maintain I would have him anywhere as the offence coach even in the England set up, but I would not have him as head coach because of his defensive frailties, he may just be addressing that now.

11 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

This aged well.😁 Got the lottery numbers for next week fella?😉

Unfortunately no lottery numbers, I'm afraid, captain hindsight. Maybe you can tell us the numbers after they've been drawn, though?

Joking aside, excellent from the Red Devils. Would love them to do saints

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete Grady said:

Salford are certainly playing some good RL at the moment but not sure they're "miles ahead of the rest".

I would love to see your team go on and win it, but with Saints and Wigan potential successive opponents I think you're being rather a bit optimistic.

I'd fancy you'd have the beating of Leeds though.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."