Sat 10th Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/22 at 12:00

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thats a stretch, Giants are a strong team and solid at grounding out results, cup semi where they dismantled KR . Just didnt seem to know how to chase a game.

Watson .has reached the limit of his ability.

Afterall, he's had about 4 weeks since we beat them at the JJB and he couldn't find a way to fix the problem today, he's just a one trick pony: strangle  the opposition  with territory and force a mistake.  Today proves he's 'old hat' and Salford have moved things on in a way he has no answer to. 

Richard Marshall is looking for work.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

7 hours ago, Damien said:

I must admit I've never seen the hype around Fages. This match is just another example of why.

He didn't play well today but neither did Huddersfield. He has won 3 grand finals with St Helens.

I don't think he gets enough credit because he is French (I thought you had been very positive about him for France and said what a miss he was)

However you can't say it is all hype, that would be like someone saying they didn't rate Field or French! 

Edited by Niels

11 minutes ago, Niels said:

He didn't play well today but neither did Huddersfield. He has won 3 grand finals with St Helens.

I don't think he gets enough credit because he is French.

However you can't say it is all hype, that would be like someone saying they didn't rate Field or French! 

Ricky Bibey also won Grand Finals - not necessarily a reflection of an individual. He was always solid for Saints, made his tackles and didn't make many errors, but also was rarely outstanding, limited kicking game, limited creativity and made the wrong decision at times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Niels said:

I don't think he gets enough credit because he is French.

Winning Grand finals in a champion team proves nothing.

I think the opposite, I think he gets hyped up because he is French. Bosc was similar.

I don't see your comparison with Field and French at all.

We just disagree on our opinions of him as a player. It's no big deal.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Winning Grand finals in a champion team proves nothing.

I think the opposite, I think he gets hyped up because he is French. Bosc was similar.

I don't see your comparison with Field and French at all.

We just disagree on our opinions of him as a player. It's no big deal.

I disagree. Not many sides can afford to carry passengers and win 3 grand finals in a row. 

I mean that even though I don't like Wigan particularly, I can be open minded enough to see French And Field are excellent players. 

13 minutes ago, V02 said:

Ricky Bibey also won Grand Finals - not necessarily a reflection of an individual. He was always solid for Saints, made his tackles and didn't make many errors, but also was rarely outstanding, limited kicking game, limited creativity and made the wrong decision at times.

Yes, that's an accurate summary.

2 hours ago, V02 said:

When did Ricky Bibey win a grand final? 

Edit

I don't think he did but no problem. 

Edited by Niels

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

His assessment of Fages, you know the person under discussion. You obviously disagree, that's fine.

I hadn't checked but my instinct was that Bibey was not a player who had won any grand finals.

It was Challenge Cups he won I think with Wigan? 

It will be interesting to see Fages play for France in the world cup, hopefully he will be fit.

1 hour ago, Pete Grady said:

Watson .has reached the limit of his ability.

Afterall, he's had about 4 weeks since we beat them at the JJB and he couldn't find a way to fix the problem today, he's just a one trick pony: strangle  the opposition  with territory and force a mistake.  Today proves he's 'old hat' and Salford have moved things on in a way he has no answer to. 

Richard Marshall is looking for work.

Pete (or whatever your real name is).

1) The JJB? Even Wigan don't play their anymore!🤔

2) Are you genuinely a Salford fan? If you are, try not to be a Richard and put us all in a bad light eh? There's a good chap.😁

We're generally a decent bunch so trying to antagonise on here won't endear you to our fans, never mind the rest of the forum.👍

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Park it, your off topic

We were having a discussion about the performance of Fages in the game.

I watched the game just now, hence my late opinions. Sneyd was obviously the stand out player in the game, Croft too. 

Maybe the Salford coach allows his half backs more spontaneity? Fages had obviously been told to kick high to the left on the last tackle and followed this instruction. It didn't work.

I think Croft has been outstanding, the breaks he makes are numerous and result in tries. 

He will be an enormous miss but we are all aware of this.

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

Congratulations and good luck to them, back to the drawing board for us!

Your draughtsman does not draw as well as a lot of people thinks he does, stereo type play that a lot of opposition coaches have commented on, that is the reason for your end of season form, club's have learned how to play you 

I think Salford will beat Saints next Saturday. If Percy, Hopoate, Mata’utia do play they’ll not be match fit, but if they don’t play them then i fear Davies & Matautia will be playing out wide which doesn’t fill me up with much hope because  we lack pace. As for kicks in general play that is another area were we will struggle, Saints kicking game is awful.
It should be an exciting game and im looking forward to it. If we win I’ll be over the moon, if we lose i will be devastated, but with Salford being the most entertaining side too watch in 2022 id like like to see them lift the GF. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Harrodsfield with Watson are one dimensional. 

Whilst King, Blease and not least, Paul Rowley have raised the bar in what can be achieved by promoting the ball with confidence and running a club on a shoestring.

I feel a big change has been made in the way The Greatest Game is played and my beloved Salford are miles ahead of the rest.

You( and a lot of other Salford fans) need to let go of your obsession with Huddersfield and enjoy what Salford give you, seriously.

You were fckin superb today, try and enjoy that 👍

Edited by meast
  • Like 7

Salford were superb today, on and off the field 👏👏👏 

You are a joy to watch when you click, in fact I'd say Salford are easily the best team I've seen this season, I really hope you go on and win thing now 👍

As for Huddersfield, I said weeks ago we were done, we finished 3rd but scraped wins when not playing well, out of the 6 teams in the play offs, we were the weakest in terms of form and it showed today, we were terrible, in every aspect of the game, we were outclassed, outenthsed, out everything by a rampant Salford who I honestly believe can be crowned champions in a couple of weeks and will be thoroughly deserved.

As for us, as Ken Davy said after that game, and as he says nearly every year, a step too far, maybe next year?

I'm proud of what Huddersfield Giants and Ian Watson has done this season but sadly we were found out in the end but whoever thought Huddersfield would finish 3rd and almost win the cup would have been locked up in February.

Finally, echo what Daz said, Salford's support was awesome but where the heck are they when SRD are at home?

Good luck Salford, go and win it 👍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Niels said:

I hadn't checked but my instinct was that Bibey was not a player who had won any grand finals.

It was Challenge Cups he won I think with Wigan? 

It will be interesting to see Fages play for France in the world cup, hopefully he will be fit.

Yeah you're right, I thought he was at Saints longer than he was (though he did win a CC there). 

I think Fages will look solid for France, I think it's rare he plays badly. He's just almost always going to be a 6-7/10 because of his limitations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ant said:

Very much agree with what Daz said, but anyone who thinks the Giants are dull and predictable needs to take their head out their backside, and maybe stop listening to abysmal commentary teams. 

Awful today, poor for the last few weeks but 4th best attack in the league, try scorers all over the park and some absolute belters scored this season 

Awful end to a bloody great season 

Yes, without being able to put my finger on it I've been impressed and entertained by Huddersfield,like no other this season. Loved watching them. So yes a poor ending which has not done them justice but that's sport. Still we have the St PieLoins once again to......tbh can't be borissed......

Well Done Huddersfield and Salford. Breath of fresh air.

Dont worry 

• Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

23 minutes ago, V02 said:

Yeah you're right, I thought he was at Saints longer than he was (though he did win a CC there). 

I think Fages will look solid for France, I think it's rare he plays badly. He's just almost always going to be a 6-7/10 because of his limitations.

Thanks. I think Croft and Sneyd were both unplayable today against him. They would have defeated most teams I think.

Do you support Salford?

I saw the highlights when Salford beat St Helens and Croft was outstanding, making so many breaks.

I was really disappointed when he failed his HIA. 

Edited by Niels