Fri 9th-Sun 11th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

44 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

York City Knights v Workington Town - York by 26 - Hoping for an entertaining game here because I'm going to watch - According to google maps, although my current abode is 1 mile closer to Headingley than Monks Cross, I can reach the York ground 1 minute quicker than Headingley! So thought I'd go along for a look with my lads.

It is Heroes Day on Sunday Barley.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/20908296.york-city-knights-rugby-free-tickets-key-workers-family/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Do you want to explain how that might happen , given they will be playing each other next weekend in a knockout game ? 🤔

Will they ?  Not for definite.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

29 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Holmes and Foster and technically Butler

Yeah, I posted that and they announced Foster shortly afterwards. Perhaps the Bulls media department were spurred to action by my post lol (do we even HAVE a media  department these days)

Has Holmes been announced by the club?

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I do now thank you lol , Senior moment 😆 

Whilst unlikely it could be a Batley v Barrow final. York win and Barrow lose this weekend and we have 3rd 'fax, 4th Batley, 5th York, 6th Barrow.

Play offs week 1: Barrow win at 'fax, Batley beat York

Play offs week 2: Barrow beat Leigh, Batley beat Fev and it's a Batley v Barrow final.........

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Whilst unlikely it could be a Batley v Barrow final. York win and Barrow lose this weekend and we have 3rd 'fax, 4th Batley, 5th York, 6th Barrow.

Play offs week 1: Barrow win at 'fax, Batley beat York

Play offs week 2: Barrow beat Leigh, Batley beat Fev and it's a Batley v Barrow final.........

So i 'am not going mad 🙃 🙂 🤪 

• Haha 2

Bulls v Widnes.

Both former World Champion clubs.

9th v 8th in the Part-Time League.

The Table shows that the Bulls are now the 12th best team in Yorkshire.

Both teams playing with Kear's gameplan.

Playing on a tennis court with concrete bollards running alongside the touchline.

I tip the Bulls to win and I will buy advance 2023 season tickets this week.

Yes, obviously, I'm stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Bulls v Widnes.

Both former World Champion clubs.

9th v 8th in the Part-Time League.

The Table shows that the Bulls are now the 12th best team in Yorkshire.

Both teams playing with Kear's gameplan.

Playing on a tennis court with concrete bollards running alongside the touchline.

I tip the Bulls to win and I will buy advance 2023 season tickets this week.

Yes, obviously, I'm stupid.

I think this will be a classic, can't wait.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I'm so happy Rugby League  is still on this  weekend , we can't afford to have postponed games.   I have always had a massive soft spot for Sheffield Eagles since my university days but I'm so disappointed in the decision to postpone the game against Dewsbury.

6 hours ago, Nate90 said:

I'm so happy Rugby League  is still on this  weekend , we can't afford to have postponed games.   I have always had a massive soft spot for Sheffield Eagles since my university days but I'm so disappointed in the decision to postpone the game against Dewsbury.

I think postponing games in the immediate aftermath of HRH's death was the right and respectful thing to do. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Not seen 'fax for a little while so I'm not sure how close to first choice their squad is, but Fev's looks as close as injuries allow to being 1st choice.

Very interested to see if Ford and Jacks finally get time together at half back, a potentially electric combination.

Our squad is just about full strength, remains to be seen what the final line up but the suggestion that we may rest players for this game does not seem to be happening. Joe Keyes and JWH both brought back in to the squad so it does look like this game will be taken very seriously by both teams. Now just hoping the weather drys up a little bit so we can see some open rugby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I think postponing games in the immediate aftermath of HM's death was the right and respectful thing to do. 

Have we done that before? We didn't do it for the Princess of Wales or Prince Philip or King George VI.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"