Re-signings

RogerT

As we approach the last regular match of the season any sniff of any players re-signing apart from Campbell who was let slip at the York match.

We've usually started with retentions long before now except last year again we were slow out of the blocks. Seems to be becoming a regular thing of being at the back of the queue. You do realise that it's you n me Rog who have put our heads above the parapet again?

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

And the wait goes on.

As does the current season...

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What on earth are the board of directors thinking. Don't they know that Phildog has been supporting Batley for a thousand years So, he has earned the divine right to be personally informed of every player we, have signed, will sign, will not sign, have spoken to, have not spoken to. This as soon as we have done so. or, preferably even sooner.

Come on Kevin Get a grip

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just to confirm that we have resigned some players and are hoping to resign other players as well as bring in a couple of new players but as i have said previously it is very difficult financially at moment and also we are waiting for IMG proposals to be announced later in September.

if we sell out the £1,000 draw and get plenty at the Queen Tribute concert whilst it will go nowhere near resolving financial issues it will be an encouraging sign to enable us to take a certain level of risk to enable us to again challenge for the playoffs in 2023. 
We will announce signings shortly but for the moment are concentrating on this season both on and off the pitch.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If we're told that players can't be announced as signing from another club until that club's season is finished, which we usually are, how can Bradford announce Holmes when Sheffield ghave a game to play?

39 minutes ago, phildog said:

If we're told that players can't be announced as signing from another club until that club's season is finished, which we usually are, how can Bradford announce Holmes when Sheffield ghave a game to play?

As has been pointed out every season since Kevin took charge. It is a club decision not announce anything until the current season is over. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

As has been pointed out every season since Kevin took charge. It is a club decision not announce anything until the current season is over. Nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely correct Dogfather. Also the Club will not announce anything until the Contract has been signed and approved by the RFL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

It’s about showing respect to the club where the player is currently playing by not announcing his signing. 

• Like 3

You say the same thing every year Phildog, take time to enjoy the last moments of a fantastic, yet again over achieving season. The clubs needs social media content for the close season to keep us interested, I enjoy the way we space out the (bulldog inbound) announcements over a number of weeks, it gets the hits up on social media. Keep up the good work Kevin, no complaints from me on any aspect of 2022 on or off the field. 

• Like 9

You're missing my point and far too ready with the 'hey up; Phil's shouting his mouth off again'; if it's against RFL rules for Championship clubs to approach/ announce players before a certain date or whilst clubs are still in competition, then if we play the game why are other clubs not made to do the same? 

Right, that's me done, having a rest; ta ra.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

You're missing my point and far too ready with the 'hey up; Phil's shouting his mouth off again'; if it's against RFL rules for Championship clubs to approach/ announce players before a certain date or whilst clubs are still in competition, then if we play the game why are other clubs not made to do the same? 

I don't think anyone is missing the point.

Have a read of this RFL 

This will tell you all you need to know on the matter. 

14 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don't think anyone is missing the point.

Have a read of this RFL 

This will tell you all you need to know on the matter. 

There was me looking forward to a bit of education only to find out it is 566 pages long! At least I found out what 'Academy participation Agreement' meant before I got bored.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Because clubs don’t have respect like Batley it’s been said for years

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Because clubs don’t have respect like Batley it’s been said for years

Most clubs do - you aren't exceptional.

There are one or two rogues, and we all know who they are, don't we?

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/09/2022 at 20:17, Piggy's mate said:

As does the current season...

What a final, atmosphere and performance to wrap up the end of the season! Who wouldn't want to be a Bulldog and part of this great clubs journey?

Let the speculation commence 😄

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: