Re-signings

RogerT

Other Clubs can do exactly as they want and we will do the same. We did work on new signings then put it on hold awaiting IMG. Now we know there will be no adverse impact on us in 2023 at least we can breathe a sigh of relief and  move forward. Now we are coppering up gate receipts and paying players to then see what is left in pot. Then we need to know our Rfl distribution. So it’s not easy running our Club on a budget but hey ho.

Also still trying to enjoy the moment BUT we will now start announcing signings soon. 

A massive thank you to those who went to Leigh. That superb support gives us hope for the future which we have to try to build on and we have some ideas which we are already working on.

We need more Facebook & Twitter followers and more OuRLeague App members saying they are Bulldogs supporters so you need to invite as many as possible to do that. It costs nothing but a bit of time and it helps us financially as much as getting to the GF. Rightly or wrongly this is the world we live in.

• Like 6

Hope there's a loanback agreement if he can't get in, would be a benefit to both clubs. Good luck Hooleey, Hooleey!!

As usual, an honest rundown from Kev.

• Like 1

Well done to Luke, he has been magnificent for the dogs. I hope he goes on to have great success with the Rhinos and even a run out in the internationals would be great to see.

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

When are going to share news on who departing rather than reading.it from other clubs. It's very frustrating to findout via this way. Come on kev be more transparent with the fans . Tell us before we read it elsewhere.  Time moved on with how the news gets out tell us then we know rather than reading it elsewhere surly it's not too much to ask .

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

When are going to share news on who departing rather than reading.it from other clubs. It's very frustrating to findout via this way. Come on kev be more transparent with the fans . Tell us before we read it elsewhere.  Time moved on with how the news gets out tell us then we know rather than reading it elsewhere surly it's not too much to ask .

This is a strange comment. Batley announced it on social media this morning, as did Leeds. As you say, time has moved on with how news gets out and it's very difficult for clubs to control this sort of thing nowadays and this move has been widely expected for some time. He's been very good for Batley, why not just wish him good luck?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Like As posted before why do we after wait till other clubs annouce them 

What time did Leeds announce it and what time did Batley announce it? Batley put this tweet up this morning.

Batley Bulldogs RLFC @BatleyRLFC ·6h

We would like to thank @hooley_luke for his outstanding service to the club over the past 3 years and wish him the very best of luck as he moves to Super League @leedsrhinos for 2023.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

There will be no loan back to us, Batley never gets that lucky.

Why would he be loaned anywhere? He's good enough to start FB for the Rhinos 

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

5 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Like As posted before why do we after wait till other clubs annouce them 

Why do you think we should be the first to know? Had you not heard he was going on the terraces about 3 months ago? Everyone else had.

What difference does it make whether you are the first or last to know, or who breaks the news?

It is not going to change anything. I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to understand your views on this, and why it means that much, as I do not understand it.

The fact is, he has been phenomenal for us and he has deservedly got his chance in SL, with one of the best clubs in the country.

Good luck Luke.

Here's another one, not announced by the club yet, so don't tell anyone, but Gilmore is going to Widnes. Do you feel better knowing it before Widnes have announced it?

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Thought Louis showed some real potential when he played sure he'll do a great job in the Championship for our feeder club

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:
2 hours ago, RogerT said:

There will be no loan back to us, Batley never gets that lucky.

Why would he be loaned anywhere? He's good enough to start FB for the Rhinos 

I was only answering phildog.

28 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Thought Louis showed some real potential when he played sure he'll do a great job in the Championship for our feeder club

League 1 please.

1 comment only; not the best decision IMO as I've said before we need younger forwards coming through, especially as we again APPEAR to already behind the black ball in recruitment. Louis had the promise to be another Flynny afain IMO. Linners said that he needed to replace class with class and there's already been a lot of class moved elsewhere. There, if that's a rant, I've had one.

My post is about communication with us the fans . My point is we keep banging  drum about this draw that draw but don't share who leaving before the other clubs announce them. It's all well and good saying we do it diffeent to other clubs.but terrace chat means nothing .other than chat 

I have complete faith in Linners and the board, if we’re losing A good player in Louis then I’m sure we will have a better replacement lined up, you lose top players to superleague and rich championship clubs and there’s little we can do about it but if our players are going to league 1, linners must have felt his chances woukd be limited and have someone else in mind. 

• Like 1