Re-signings

RogerT

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Thought Louis showed some real potential when he played sure he'll do a great job in the Championship for our feeder club

Your appetite appears to be diminished so far PM.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Heard you've got good replacements lined up for Hooley and Gilmore. 

Are you telling us that Gilmore is going then?

Tom's dad warned him against leaving, spoke to Tom on Sunday, his parting comment was 'let's see' and Widnes haven't rushed into print....whilst there's hope!! Still a shame losing Louis, he'll storm it for you Graham/BSJ. How come Rams fans APPARENTLY have ears closer to the ground though (although you have sent us Holmes and Thackeray lol)......

46 minutes ago, zaz9 said:

so do i Bill he never let us down good luck for the future Louis

I agree Louis has bags of potential but he’s young and needs to be playing week in week out 

I think it’s a 1 year contract and if he develops over that year I’d hope the door would be open for him 

• Like 4

The trouble for Louis is now that Leigh have gone there aren’t 2 second rowers in the Championship who I would replace Walshaw and Manning with. They can ofcause get injuries but it’s difficult to ask a young talented player to sign on in the hope of a couple of games a season. He needs to play regularly to improve. 

• Like 4

word on terraces a couple a months back was widnes wouldent take gilly without linners in the deal too,,i said it were a load a cobblers back then, have we shouted from the rooftops linners is here for 2023/4?

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 17:59, toffeedog said:

Like As posted before why do we after wait till other clubs annouce them 

It's standard practice, same in other sports. Football transfers are announced by the new club, not the old one. I honestly don't see the problem people have with this. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

It's standard practice, same in other sports. Football transfers are announced by the new club, not the old one. I honestly don't see the problem people have with this. 

I remember going to Fev back end of season and beating them with Thackeray and Wildie outstanding for us. In the bar after the game Mark Campbell their chairman praising us on our win and Thackeray and Wildie in particular. Then he says the two players that made the difference today are our players next season as we've signed them. Mark Sawyer was fuming. 

16 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I remember going to Fev back end of season and beating them with Thackeray and Wildie outstanding for us. In the bar after the game Mark Campbell their chairman praising us on our win and Thackeray and Wildie in particular. Then he says the two players that made the difference today are our players next season as we've signed them. Mark Sawyer was fuming. 

Ouch. 

I've been trying to think of who from the championship I'd like to see in a Batley shirt.  What's T Ritson doing 🤔

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

That happened with Day and Harrison, they even had them photographed in Fev shirts before the season ended.

It can happen after the 1st of September it’s the rules move on… i remember when that rule wasn’t in and dean Lawford nearly went to Warrington but saw his contract out