Re-signings

RogerT

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I've been trying to think of who from the championship I'd like to see in a Batley shirt.  What's T Ritson doing 🤔

We've already got two try machines on the wing, with another two waiting in reserve.

• Like 2

Have we 2 others waiting in the wings? How long for without getting game time? It's time now to be making some announcements, players leaving other clubs going elsewhere and we might have needed some of their qualities to replace lost quality.

Blimey, i bet you're still saying 'are we nearly there yet??' on long journeys and 'when's tea ready??' your worse than my kids. The season started in late January and due to our successful season ran until early October, pre season will start in a few weeks, after such a long and  successful season and knowing Craig the board will do all they can to put out a competitive squad can't they be afforded a little break before the moaning starts again, will a delay in announcements stop you supporting the club? What's the rush? every year players leave and new ones arrive, we always have enough signed on to put a team out, 

• Like 7

Yet again missing the point yes season ended but like everything to.do with retaining and releasing and recruiting new players we get trickles of information.  Come to.help with this draw that draw war chest straight on here  we now live in duffrent times and the board need to realise to keep momentum we should showing were going to be strong next season too .announcements before season ended would leave you feeling yeah bring on next season but rumours of new halves and fullback means spine of the team will require time to gell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Tell us something we didn't know!! We've been welcoming Hirsty at every match for a month lol..

Come on Phil. You have been the most vociferous in calling for new and re-signings on here, but once we get one you show a real lack of enthusiasm. You can't have it both ways. 

• Like 1

I think that Kevin has explained some of the reasons for delays with finance being uncertain and, of course, the run to the final.  However, he did say about a month ago that there were some re signings.  JC seems to be the only one mentioned so far and so I guess we will start to find out over the coming week on the heels of the already known, but nice to see confirmed, signing of Hirst.  It was also suggested that the success or otherwise of the "Queen" Concert at the Mount would play a part.  I wondered if anyone from the forum went and did it seem to be a success?

Edited by Bill H

I think there were more tickets sold than people who actually turned out, (300 was mentioned) seemed a great sale on the bars and a fabulous response to buying up the remaining Lifeline Draw tickets. There should have been another lined up to go. Sadly we appear slow on the uptake (an ideal time after GF to sell something to us on the crest of the wave) and not on this alone. I mentioned a few options a couple of weeks ago for efforts through the closed season but there doesn't seem to be a wide view, just a tunnel view of one thing at a time. If the current board are stretched for time ask for help! So BISSA does a monthly contribution, would anybody miss another 5er into the club? Bring back the draw we had during Covid, do it weekly, in fact it could go all year. Boot sponsors, ball sponsors, it's all there to be taken advantage of. Re; financing, it hasn't stopped other clubs.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phildog said:

I think there were more tickets sold than people who actually turned out, (300 was mentioned) seemed a great sale on the bars and a fabulous response to buying up the remaining Lifeline Draw tickets. There should have been another lined up to go. Sadly we appear slow on the uptake (an ideal time after GF to sell something to us on the crest of the wave) and not on this alone. I mentioned a few options a couple of weeks ago for efforts through the closed season but there doesn't seem to be a wide view, just a tunnel view of one thing at a time. If the current board are stretched for time ask for help! So BISSA does a monthly contribution, would anybody miss another 5er into the club? Bring back the draw we had during Covid, do it weekly, in fact it could go all year. Boot sponsors, ball sponsors, it's all there to be taken advantage of. Re; financing, it hasn't stopped other clubs.....

Thanks for the update on the concert Phil. It sounds like a success from what you say.  Well done to the club for that.