fevnut's musings 2022 #13: Our Forwards, 1925, 2022 try scoring (Fev and Halifax)

fevnut

fevnut’s musings #13: Our Forwards, 1925, 2022 try scoring (Fev and Halifax)

The latest edition of ‘fevnut’s musings’ is now available to read.

This week we suggest a great Christmas present for Fev and look at the age of our current pack.

We also look back to the incredible series of matches between Fev and Halifax in 1925, contrast the try scoring records of the two clubs in 2022 and bring you information about the points scoring machine that is Craig Hall.

Access ‘musings’ by clicking on the link below and don't forget to use the links on the right-hand side of the page to open other interesting pages.

https://fevblog130.blogspot.com/2022/09/fevnuts-musings-13-our-forwards-fev-v.html

• Thanks 1

Good read and may as well add we are now 19 wins from 21, 2nd form team and 2nd best defense in the lague. 

Only thing I want to ask is regarding this quote:-

"Halifax have now won their last six matches and eleven out of their last twelve, but if we defend well we should win because we have potent attacking threats across the park whereas Halifax are heavily reliant on one player."

How much of us have you seen this season and who is the one player? I think what makes this a really interesting game in my opinion is that our main spine of the team in JWH, Keyes, Jouffret, and Moore I wouldnt take any of the Fev players in those positions over any of them but for me we do lack a bit of size and punch up front which may stop those players shining. Going back to the statement, its just my opinion that if our pack can match Fev then we would win because we have the better attacking options across the park.

All that said theres a chance some of those players don't play, we get 40 put past us and go in to the playoffs on a downer. I think one thing for sure this season though is that if we do make the semi we can come across this year with genuine hope rather than a forgone conclusion like last season so in that sense not a bad season for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think what makes this a really interesting game in my opinion is that our main spine of the team in JWH, Keyes, Jouffret, and Moore I wouldnt take any of the Fev players in those positions over any of them but for me we do lack a bit of size and punch up front which may stop those players shining. Going back to the statement, its just my opinion that if our pack can match Fev then we would win because we have the better attacking options across the park.

All that said theres a chance some of those players don't play, we get 40 put past us and go in to the playoffs on a downer. I think one thing for sure this season though is that if we do make the semi we can come across this year with genuine hope rather than a forgone conclusion like last season so in that sense not a bad season for us.

I don't disagree with much in this, I would put it differently in that I think from what I have seen of both teams this year Fev have been better between the 20s in both attack and defence but Fax have probably been better than us inside the 20, at both ends of the field.

This weekend's game is very difficult to predict, Fax are likely to rest plenty and Mac has made it very clear he isn't interested in much apart from avoiding injuries in these last 2 league games.

Fax have been more fluent than us with ball in hand recently from what I've seen, as Blues Ox says the semi might come down to whether they can match us up front. I will say that the games I have seen recently involving Halifax have been littered with six agains both for and against them, that and their overall discpline might be their achilles heel.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2022 at 13:54, The Blues Ox said:

.......my opinion is that our main spine of the team in JWH, Keyes, Jouffret, and Moore I wouldnt take any of the Fev players in those positions over any of them......

and I'm sure that every single Rovers fan would rather have Hall, Smith, Ford, Jacks and Jones but like you say its all about opinions.

• Like 3

Perhaps today's game, and more importantly any semi final between the clubs, could come down to the coaching of the teams. I know which one i would take any day. 🤔 Whatever the result today though I doubt it will have any effect on a play off game between us should that occur. Here's hoping for a good game today and a few pints with our Fev mates. 🏉 🍺 😀❗

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Perhaps today's game, and more importantly any semi final between the clubs, could come down to the coaching of the teams. I know which one i would take any day. 🤔 Whatever the result today though I doubt it will have any effect on a play off game between us should that occur. Here's hoping for a good game today and a few pints with our Fev mates. 🏉 🍺 😀❗

May the best team win.

• Like 1