Reserves Competition

26 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

A lot of young academy lads in the trinity team and tbh this will be a very good learning experience for all involved. 

A few late try’s just took it away for Wigan. Always next year. 

And ultimately that is the main thing at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

A lot of young academy lads in the trinity team and tbh this will be a very good learning experience for all involved. 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

And ultimately that is the main thing at this level.

Looking at those Wigan lads I would say lesson one is eat more pies! 😁

• Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

It was a decent game in conditions that were a bit tricky at times. Wakefield looked like they were closing the gap at one point and putting Wigan under a bit of pressure but Sam Halsall came up with a perfectly timed interception to stretch the lead.

I was really impressed with the Wakefield loose forward Scriven and Kershaw on the wing. They both were relentless throughout the game. If he can't get into the Wakefield first team I'm surprised no one else has come in for Kershaw.

Ultimately Wigan just had a bit too much in the forwards. Having gone through a period where we always seemed to have small middles in the academy we've now got some real size in the front row. Harvie Hill, Jack Bibby and Toby Brannan have been the cornerstone of the reserves side this year and hopefully at least one will fulfil their potential in the coming years.

Halsall was man of the match and it's completely unfathomable why Bibby continually got selected ahead of him this year.

James McDonnell also had a strong game, which will please Leeds fans, but was also very indisciplined, getting sin binned for a high shot, penalised for a tip tackle and further punished for dissent. 

A really good effort from Trinity and the scoreline doesn't reflect how competitive they were for the majority of the game.

• Like 5

leeds chose to regard it as an extension of the academy with the odd first teamer and players from hunslet . 

chev walker took charge as keeping his academy job and first team assistant coach.  honestly i don't think leeds were too interested in it as it was a better financially to send first team squad men out on loan if they were not wanted for the first team

2 hours ago, paul hicks said:

leeds chose to regard it as an extension of the academy with the odd first teamer and players from hunslet . 

chev walker took charge as keeping his academy job and first team assistant coach.  honestly i don't think leeds were too interested in it as it was a better financially to send first team squad men out on loan if they were not wanted for the first team

This is true of most of the teams, Huddersfield had a first team squad member play in only 2 games, the others were out on loan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

These were the medals from the reserve GF. 

Our sport is a disgrace 

If those are real then that is really, really poor. No excuse for that at all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)