York on Sunday

spanishknight

14 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

One thing for certain is there will be more Town supporters at York on Sunday than York brought to Town earlier in the season - was it 14 or 19 that York brought over?

Can't decide which travelling support I was more disappointed with,  Batley and York deffo the most pathetic, I doubt they brought more than a dozen. Imagine what they would have fetched if they had been in our position. Amazing  we have fans travelling today after the season we've had, magnificent show of loyalty . Loud and proud,  best ov luck to all. UTT

• Like 1

WITH THE BEST OF WILLS THE ONLY WAY TO DESCRIBE TOWNS SEASON IS IT'S BEEN  A COMPLETE SHAMBLES. SHIPPED MORE POINTS THAN THE TITANIC SHIPPED WATER. TRUDGING AWAY FROM DP TIME AFTER TIME. CLEAN SWEEP REQUIRED I'M AFRAID. TIME WILL TELL IF WE HAVE A SIDE THAT CAN COMPETE NEXT SEASON.

• Like 2

Thank the lord this seasons over and hats off to the supporters who travelled down today and all the other away games this season.

I was surprised to read Jamie Doran’s comments on Twitter where he says Chris Thorman is the best coach he’s played under!

If he was that good we wouldn’t  be capitulating in the second half of every game and would have had some form of game plan.

but that’s by the by now, it’s going to be a complete rebuilding job to even get a side on the pitch as I can’t see more than 3 or 4 of this years squad being here next season.

let’s hope the next coaching appointment has a bit of ‘va va voom’ and can attract some good young players to the club rather than the journeymen we have had of late.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alineden said:

I dont know why you're surprised to read that.

Erm….. possibly something to do with league position and lack of points perhaps?

I accept the squad wasn’t good enough to step up to this level, but the defensive frailties have been there for all to see, so is that down to coaching, fitness or both?

• Like 1

14 -12, very competitive first 30 mins  then they realised they were rubbish and conceded 60 unanswered points.

Glad the cricket was on so I could split my attention  and its been sunny up here in the not so frozen north.

Admiration once more to the travelling support.

Hope we get a good new coach, so we can be optimistic again, after a terrible season. UTT.

56 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Thank the lord this seasons over and hats off to the supporters who travelled down today and all the other away games this season.

I was surprised to read Jamie Doran’s comments on Twitter where he says Chris Thorman is the best coach he’s played under!

If he was that good we wouldn’t  be capitulating in the second half of every game and would have had some form of game plan.

but that’s by the by now, it’s going to be a complete rebuilding job to even get a side on the pitch as I can’t see more than 3 or 4 of this years squad being here next season.

let’s hope the next coaching appointment has a bit of ‘va va voom’ and can attract some good young players to the club rather than the journeymen we have had of late.

The question is, is the club in a better state for him being there? Answer...sadly not a chance.

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Played 27 Won ONE Lost 26 Av points for 11 Av points against 41, I hate to think what it would have been with a bad coach Jamie Doran!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

So glad the seasons over. TBH I suspected this was going to happen before a ball was kicked. I wasn't really for the new stadium idea but now i think it's the only way forward with the possibility of building something for the future that could stay in this league. 

2 hours ago, maripins said:

WITH THE BEST OF WILLS THE ONLY WAY TO DESCRIBE TOWNS SEASON IS IT'S BEEN  A COMPLETE SHAMBLES. SHIPPED MORE POINTS THAN THE TITANIC SHIPPED WATER. TRUDGING AWAY FROM DP TIME AFTER TIME. CLEAN SWEEP REQUIRED I'M AFRAID. TIME WILL TELL IF WE HAVE A SIDE THAT CAN COMPETE NEXT SEASON.

Your Caps lock is on mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Erm….. possibly something to do with league position and lack of points perhaps?

I accept the squad wasn’t good enough to step up to this level, but the defensive frailties have been there for all to see, so is that down to coaching, fitness or both?

If Wayne Bennet had been coach and had the same budget and squad at his disposal as CT had, where do you think we'd have finished in the league?

I dont know how many coaches you've played for but I'll chose to take Jammers word for who the best is he's played for.

• Like 4