York on Sunday

spanishknight

14 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Reds will look at it in a positive [however small the new stadium is] as it will be an improvement on what you have now at BP. Stadium wise and the outdoor artificial will help kids, community and training.

If it what i read on Allerdale meeting's page which stated only building one new stand on site of old stand then it will not be an improvement on what we have now at DP.

Allerdale are the only ones to put anything to paper so far.

The people trying to get this new stadium for reds are keeping their cards close to their chest for some unknown reason.

Probably waiting to the deadline to sign or lose money and forcing everyone to sign then give us a pile of #### but at least Reds will be happy

the people trying to get this new stadium, the only 2 named on the stadium management committee are David Bowden and John Pleasants. 

Still believe this is a carve up to get the Reds a better facility, Town are being dragged into it to justify the expenditure, but hey ho as long as the Reds are happy.

I have not read or heard of anything to make me change my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of talk about this new stadium but surely if at first it's only gonna be a new super stand at the reds ground would it not be far better to have the super stand on the popular side at DP with a 4g pitch would be super league and world cup standard right away

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, donald said:

Lots of talk about this new stadium but surely if at first it's only gonna be a new super stand at the reds ground would it not be far better to have the super stand on the popular side at DP with a 4g pitch would be super league and world cup standard right away

the money has to be spent on the BP site, it is not allowed to be spent anywhere else this is part of the agreement with the goverment in the application for funding. also the access road going into derwent park isn't suitable unfortunately. it is what it is. also if anyone went to the presentation in the carneigie they would have seen phase 1 is erecting the stand which would then unlock funding for stage 2 and 3 which would be the other sides being developed. 

• Like 1

I think this must be the 4th or 5th time we have gone over the same arguments on this forum and everyone is still arguing about a plan for a stadium which has yet to be made public !

I do think an update is long overdue, and it would be nice to get some sort of progress report from the two clubs, even if at this stage they could summarise their intentions while the search for additional funding continues.

• when will the first stadium plans be published
  • timeline including planning permission to when the first spade will go into the ground to expected completion 
  • capacity of stadium as well as hospitality etc. 

you get the gist- as I understand it there's a limitation on when the levelling up money has to be spent, so they must be close to making some form of announcement (surely !!) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Well said

Don't know if you were able to go to the public meeting at Carnegie Theatre  but anyone who did  could raise any issues  and found out that  ....

*Reds and Town have had and will continue to have ,equal representation on the planning group

*The stadium/sports village will be run by a joint Town /Reds body. Allerdale Council not to be involved in running it or taking any of the bar takings!

*Rules attached to the govt funding means work must start in 2023

*At the time of public meeting there was sufficient agreed funding for at least a new stand and a new (most likely hybrid  made in Maryport) pitch.

*Fans can contact Dave or John directly with suggestions, questions or concerns.

The new stadium project is an opportunity for both clubs ,together with supporters and local people, to look to a better future

17 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I think this must be the 4th or 5th time we have gone over the same arguments on this forum and everyone is still arguing about a plan for a stadium which has yet to be made public !

I do think an update is long overdue, and it would be nice to get some sort of progress report from the two clubs, even if at this stage they could summarise their intentions while the search for additional funding continues.

• when will the first stadium plans be published
  • timeline including planning permission to when the first spade will go into the ground to expected completion 
  • capacity of stadium as well as hospitality etc. 

you get the gist- as I understand it there's a limitation on when the levelling up money has to be spent, so they must be close to making some form of announcement (surely !!) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

the money has to be spent on the BP site, it is not allowed to be spent anywhere else this is part of the agreement with the goverment in the application for funding. also the access road going into derwent park isn't suitable unfortunately. it is what it is. also if anyone went to the presentation in the carneigie they would have seen phase 1 is erecting the stand which would then unlock funding for stage 2 and 3 which would be the other sides being developed. 

I thought they said that phases 2 & 3 were dependent on corporate funding of which nothing was remotely guaranteed. They even talked about Rolls Royce coming to oldside which isn't now happening. Given how much everything has increased in cost lately I fear for the quality and extent of the stadium if it can in fact be called one if it ends up being a one sided bus shelter. 

However they people presenting the concept were very credible so let's hope they can pull a big rabbit out of a very small hat.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Have you

no but I'm not claiming to know what kind of stadium we are or are nor getting, im waiting to see the plans before passing judgment, as said above the people heading the program and very credible people and very approachable so please get in contact with them if you have reservations.

Just now, rockerlad said:

no but I'm not claiming to know what kind of stadium we are or are nor getting, im waiting to see the plans before passing judgment, as said above the people heading the program and very credible people and very approachable so please get in contact with them if you have reservations.

Neither am i but i have read Allerdale meeting minutes which stated ONE STAND ON THE SITE OF THE OLD [now missing} STAND and the rest has to be paid for by REDS and TOWN etc. [which won't happen]

That is in black and white, nothing you state is written down and until i see it i won't believe it 

BP is in a far more run-down state than DP and you are quite happy to sacrifice DP to get what you want 

Personally, i would not do the same!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

P.S

Nice, Kind, Credible people can make mistakes

13 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Neither am i but i have read Allerdale meeting minutes which stated ONE STAND ON THE SITE OF THE OLD [now missing} STAND and the rest has to be paid for by REDS and TOWN etc. [which won't happen]

That is in black and white, nothing you state is written down and until i see it i won't believe it 

BP is in a far more run-down state than DP and you are quite happy to sacrifice DP to get what you want 

Personally, i would not do the same!

I attend both football and rugby and both grounds are badly rundown and through no fault of the volunteers of both clubs. 

but they are old cash drains on both clubs. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

I attend both football and rugby and both grounds are badly rundown and through no fault of the volunteers of both clubs. 

DP is looking great can't say the same about BP - but that does not mean we have to trade them both in for something ###### just to save the lesser of the two

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

If this MAGIC new stadium which is going to fix ALL the problems is that great then let's hear some details!

Edited by Derwent Parker

Why are you even bothering with this muppet, he's just throwing out the same uneducated nonsense and just embarrassing himself.

He's either on a wind up or totally clueless, either way it's a complete waste of your time. Anyone can see neither club can survive in the stadiums they are in, they are financial black holes, amd just going to get worse and more expensive each year.  I don't know how many times it needs saying by people who are involved in both clubs before this sinks in. Either move to a purpose built stadium that's able to be used more than 12 times a year or die.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

If this MAGIC new stadium which is going to fix ALL the problems is that great then let's hear some details!

where have I said it will fix every problem? and you are asking the wrong person for details go and ask the people on the development panel.

21 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why are you even bothering with this muppet, he's just throwing out the same uneducated nonsense and just embarrassing himself.

He's either on a wind up or totally clueless, either way it's a complete waste of your time. Anyone can see neither club can survive in the stadiums they are in, they are financial black holes, amd just going to get worse and more expensive each year.  I don't know how many times it needs saying by people who are involved in both clubs before this sinks in. Either move to a purpose built stadium that's able to be used more than 12 times a year or die.

directors from both clubs talking about the need for a new stadium, it's been mentioned in recent town updates as well, but hey what do the folks running the clubs know. I'm guessing if people no better then put yourself forward to be board member. 👍

• Like 4

On 13/09/2022 at 11:57, Nero said:

After the match v Haven, Jonty stood up in the sponsors lounge & said Whitehaven had the lowest budget in the league which he said was £165k at the start of the season. To survive & even flourish at the end of the season is credit to Jonty, the players, the staff & directors. Hopefully Town can get as organised as them next year.

What is more baffling is Haven finished 6th last year and made the play offs , so most of the Team had proved they were up to that level .If our budget was higher why did we think paying our players  , who were all untried at that level  ,much more in the hope they would click . Or was it our usual problem of having to pay players over the top wages just so as they would sign?.........Whatever happens next year the players contracts have to be performance related , we can no longer pay decent wages for not winning games .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

What is more baffling is Haven finished 6th last year and made the play offs , so most of the Team had proved they were up to that level .If our budget was higher why did we think paying our players  , who were all untried at that level  ,much more in the hope they would click . Or was it our usual problem of having to pay players over the top wages just so as they would sign?.........Whatever happens next year the players contracts have to be performance related , we can no longer pay decent wages for not winning games .

Did someone not say in an earlier post that the B O D had let CT sort out the negotiations and contracts for the 2022 seasons players.

21 hours ago, JMB said:

Did someone not say in an earlier post that the B O D had let CT sort out the negotiations and contracts for the 2022 seasons players.

Don`t exactly know , but i was told a previous board member who left handled the contracts , so i might be wrong .

5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Don`t exactly know , but i was told a previous board member who left handled the contracts , so i might be wrong .

Correct, and once he left CT took over, 

5 hours ago, ivans82 said: